No PvP Mode in Diablo 3 at Launch, Says Blizzard

Status
Not open for further replies.

furylicious

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Ironically enough, they say they are doing it so they don't punish players, yet the players that enjoy PvP are being punished. So many games are being released unfinished, and sadly enough, developers still haven't caught on to the fact that games DIE because they are released unfinished.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
I guess some fans will want PvB (players vs. blizzard) and vent their frustration by tearing down a fortress of blizard, age of empires style.

SaucyRMD

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012
PvP was always such a broken part of Diablo as it was. Tweaking a game around PvP mechanics usually makes classes less unique, as things are brought in line to make each class less powerful against an opposing counter-class.... i.e. WoW Cataclysm. Cataclysm was the decline of WoW in my opinion, as hit points and mana scaled so largely that all abilities were brought in line across the board. Every class had sustain, every class had heals, etc. I prefer that a game like Diablo make the PvE the 'main' part of the game and let PvP fall in where it can. You are just left clicking or right clicking your mouse on a person after all, LaWLZ

This game was never about PvP. You had strong single and co-op mode. The game itself was always still great.

Some of us don't want Diablo 3 to be re-manufactured WOW. If you want PvP, play any of the cliché MMORPGs out there.

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
Well PVP is not much really, if Co-Op will work, this is what i really will appreciante in the game.

I really liked this decision, at least now i have hope in playing the game, i'd love to see the campaign and play it in cooperative.

And i don't think that they will be punishing anyone, they will just be releasing the game sooner without a feature that is not necessary for playing the game... and later will probably add this feature.

But what i believe they did wrong again is announce stuff before it is ready, if they didn't announced that the game had pvp, noone would be sad with this notice, people would actually be happy that there will be a PATH for that new feature.

They just are saying too much, and much sooner, they should wait for the right time, before doing so.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Not sure if I would bother Diablo 3, but Torchlight 2 seems pretty good as Diablo 3 alternative and it is only $20. Playing Torchlight 1 now, very enjoying.

tetracycloide

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
"Ironically enough, they say they are doing it so they don't punish players, yet the players that enjoy PvP are being punished."

What you're saying doesn't make any sense. PvP isn't being delayed, it's just not ready. Releasing Solo and Co-op as soon as they're done and not waiting doesn't 'punish' anyone. Delaying their release wouldn't make PvP finish any faster.

supall

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
I don't think anyone should feel threatened by the lack of PvP for Diablo 3. Blizzard will add it in due time, but I think they are justified in withholding a feature that isn't a main staple of the game in the first place. I mean, its either they delay this feature that many aren't really going to care about or they delay the game to implement this feature. The former is much preferred, imo.

sporkimus

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
I thought the reason for the delay was to fix the PVP? Now they are saying that there won't be PVP at the launch? WTF BLIZZ?! I could honestly careless about PVP, it should've been a feature that was added after the game was released. At this rate, they better start working on Diablo 4 now so that I can play it before I die.

Crush3d

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
[citation][nom]Furylicious[/nom]Ironically enough, they say they are doing it so they don't punish players, yet the players that enjoy PvP are being punished. So many games are being released unfinished, and sadly enough, developers still haven't caught on to the fact that games DIE because they are released unfinished.[/citation]

This makes no sense. PvP lovers are not being punished any more with an early release of campaign/co-op than they are with a late release of the entire game.

Think of it this way. They either push the whole game back to accomodate PvP.. say they push to October 1 (2050 lol). PvP is released October 1, campaign co-op released October 1. If they release campaign/co-op April 17th, how does that in any way punish people that want to PvP? They are in the same boat they were in before - an October1 release. If anything, they are accomodating people that are interested in campaign/co-op (of which I am sure there are many) and leaving PvP to release when it is ready rather than forcing everyone to wait for PvP.

In addition, the tears from people that are into PvP would drown everyone if PvP was released "early (lol)" and was buggy, imbalanced, or completely dysfunctional.

TheLighterHalf

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
[citation][nom]sporkimus[/nom]. At this rate, they better start working on Diablo 4 now so that I can play it before I die.[/citation]

No more Diablo's after this one. It's the end of the trilogy. There's going to be an expansion but no Diablo 4. At least that's what Chris Metzen said.

G

I'm with the majority of opinions (seemingly, between this site and others) that the PVP aspect of diablo is really not that important, so i'm happy they're getting the game out sooner rather than delaying again

one think i'm curious about...is why does toms hardware keep lagging on newsstories...this article was published on all the other sites I look at this weekend, saturday i think....but on toms it's fresh and new on tuesday?? Not that big of a deal, but still

anarkeygodslam

Distinguished
May 23, 2008
As mentioned before, PVP is not what Diablo was about. Storyline, loot driven single and co-op play was all Diablo was known for. PVP was an afterthought then, and will be an afterthought now. The gameplay is so limited for skills and such, that the convoluted prospect of 'PVP' is simply who hits whom first. There are games out there for PVP, and I am not sure why everyone has to be so competitive with EVERY game released.

Not a finished product? Blizzard is a PC oriented company, so I highly doubt they will be releasing anything half-assed.

supall

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]TheLighterHalf[/nom]No more Diablo's after this one. It's the end of the trilogy. There's going to be an expansion but no Diablo 4. At least that's what Chris Metzen said.[/citation]

Publishers will always change their minds. Just look at Halo.

slabbo

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
Blizzard is resorting to releasing a game demo for $50 when it launches. The complete game will be released in 2020 for another $50 under the title of Diablo 3 expansion. Seems like the more I hear about this game, the less interested it gets me.

Vearo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
[citation][nom]TheLighterHalf[/nom]No more Diablo's after this one. It's the end of the trilogy. There's going to be an expansion but no Diablo 4. At least that's what Chris Metzen said.[/citation]

Strange, I remember reading that it would be the last of the Diablo series for that lore era. There still may be games around the Sin War, or something. I find it hard to believe that Blizzard would completely end the successful Diablo franchise just because the current story arc ended.

toastytoy

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
PKing was the best part of diablo I and II it will be a shame i probably won't play too much if there is no world pvp.

Status
Not open for further replies.