Question No signal after installing new video card

Ancklebitter

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
Hey,
I just got a really good deal on a zotac 1060 amp edition and it is a big upgrade from my old 270x.
Now the issue is when i put the zotac in, there is absolutely no signal. The 270x was 180w 2x6pin connectors while the 1060 is 120w 1x6pin connector so i highly doubt psu is the issue. If i swap back to the 270x it works with no problems. Before taking the 270x out the first time i ran ddu in safemode with the clean and shutdown option.

Is there any setting i should be aware of or anything that might be messing up nvidia and amd hardware? I have both dvi and dp cables and 2 monitors so im willing to test.

Thanks in advance!

Ancklebitter

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
Yes, it was tested on a g4400 bench got really good results it was in top percentile of same hardware. Also tested on a friends pc he has the same psu and a 970, it worked just fine.
The motherboard is asus 990fx extreme 3 with an fx8350(if the processor matters) ive tried all 3 pcie slots and none seem to make a difference im not sure about the bios cause it just says some minor improvements it never said support for xxxx series graphics. Also the last update is from 2015, the 1000 series are 2016 if im correct.
Tell me if u need anything else i tried removing the cmos and processor power cords, waited abt 10min now im reinstalling windows again cleaning the boot drive entirely will not connect it to the net just incase it tries to update drivers on amd card. Again its a weird case never seen this before.

Ancklebitter

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
Sorry mb its actually asrock, else i didnt add that the pc runs with the 1060 it doesnt get to bios tho just fans and such are running no keyboard or mouse. Its as if there would be signal but the pc doesnt get to bios state.

maziech

Respectable
Feb 18, 2019
Do You connect Your monitor with the same cable? I mean, maybe You connect one card with dvi, and the other with vga cable? Then, when the monitor is set on one source, it might not see the other?

EDIT: maybe mobo bios update would help with anything?

Last edited:

Ancklebitter

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
I can try to update bios.

Otherwise, gpu was tested on another pc works with all outputs it has (all 3 dp, hdmi, dvi)
On my monitor i tried both dp and hdmi. I use dp for my old videocard. Sadly none helped.

Ancklebitter

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
Updated to latest bios P1.90 - did not work.
Reset CMOS with the jumper - again did not work. I'm really out of ideas, rly am relying on someone here having an idea of whats going on.