Question No signal after resetting CMOS!

ChrisLallo

Prominent
Aug 8, 2021
Hello,

I have recently been having an issue, wherein I cannot boot my PC to bios. I asked a question here before, and I was told my CPU was not supported by the original version of my bios and that it needed to be updated. In order to update it, however, I needed to be in the bios.

As I said before, this has been an issue for a while. A few months ago, I reset my CMOS to land myself in the bios. I did this process again, but I am not getting any video signal.

I turned off my PC and removed the battery. I let it sit for about 15 minutes. I then reassembled everything and powered on. I gave my PC plenty of time to run and retrain itself, but I get no signal from either the GPU or the integrated graphics. I have a white light on my motherboard, which I believe indicates that it is in bios. I just can't see it. Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

Specs:

Asus TUF Gaming Z590 Plus WiFi
Intel i5-11600k
Gigabyte RTX 3060

ChrisLallo

Prominent
Aug 8, 2021

Colif

Win 11 Master
Yes, i just realised it went into the tool. Other bios with features like that don't use the screen.
My mb can be flashed with just power attached.

No friends with other monitors? You really need to flash that bios to newest if that supports CPU.
Might need to get a repair stores help.

ChrisLallo

Prominent
Aug 8, 2021
Yes, i just realised it went into the tool. Other bios with features like that don't use the screen.
My mb can be flashed with just power attached.

No friends with other monitors? You really need to flash that bios to newest if that supports CPU.
Might need to get a repair stores help.
I will take it to a shop later this week instead of spending money on testing out the display port, in case that's not the issue. Thank you for your help

ChrisLallo

Prominent
Aug 8, 2021
It makes sense to know what problem is before spending money on it. So repair store is good idea.
After letting my PC sit for a while after clearing the cmos, I decided to give it one last try. This time when I started it, I got some strange warning on my monitor about the resolution. After a second, it resolved itself and booted into bios. I was able to use the flash drive I had prepared to update to the latest bios version. Now, I can enter bios normally (and my PC boots a whole lot faster).