Question No signal after updating bios, and after resetting it (cmos battery remove)

Sep 17, 2023
Specs are:
Gigabyte b450 aorus pro wifi itx
Ryzen 3600
Rtx 2060s
16gb & 3200mhz
It’s an ssf build and I wanted to update bios to try to get rid of bsod’s I was getting lately.
Used the utility called Aorus app center, checked my current version (it showed 42g) and downloaded the latest version on official website (63a). It was weird that my current one wasn’t on the list.
After it installed successfully and it got to reboot it won’t startup, I don’t have signal to monitor anymore. Then I tried to remove the battery on mobo for 10 minutes to make sure it’d reset its bios but it won’t give signal anyway and on top of that the cooler on cpu is now periodically stopping and then going back on. What could be the problem?

Tried 1 ram stick at time, removing cmos battery for 10 minutes two times, still nothing. And yes, cable goes to the graphics card not the motherboard

Ps: on the box it says motherboard is ryzen 3000 ready so I think it couldn’t be the issue after bios reset, that it can’t recognize the cpu

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Used the utility called Aorus app center, checked my current version (it showed 42g) and downloaded the latest version on official website (63a). It was weird that my current one wasn’t on the list.
That was your first mistake, you update the BIOS from within BIOS using the BIOS file on an USB drive, not an app.

From what I'm reading it seems like you've bricked the board by corrupting the BIOS. You could RMA the board if you're under warranty or break out a CH341A BIOS programmer and then try flashing the BIOS on the board.

Latest posts