Question "No signal" from the first two DisplayPorts on EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 ?

sin10001

Reputable
Oct 31, 2019
Hi all,

I can't seem to figure out this issue (maybe I'm just 7 years too late to figuring out that the ports are dead?), but here's my problem: when I plug a DisplayPort cable into the right-most DP port of my GTX 1080, everything is A-ok. However, if I plug that same cable into either of the first two / left-hand DP ports, there's "no signal" ... or at least this is what my monitor reports in an on-screen message.

I have two monitors, with my primary one being connected to the HDMI port of the GPU. When I check Windows' "Display" settings a second monitor is, in fact, shown in the "Rearrange your displays" portion of said settings window ... it is, however, much smaller than it should be (I get a rectangle/represention of the widescreen monitor on the "good" display port, but a small square on these other two ports). I note this because I assume this means my second monitor is being detected (else why would it (dis)appear when (un)plugged?)

Display-Problem.png

I've installed the latest drivers via complete (not express) settings, and can't think of anything else to do.

Thanks in advance for your help!

dave.rara66

Honorable
Dec 19, 2017
Have you checked the manufacturer's website to see if there is a new BIOS version? You could flash that, or re-flash the current one if there isn't. Be very careful if you do this, find a good guide, and make sure you don't shut off the power!