Question No signal from video card after shutdown

Jul 24, 2024
Hey all, I am currently having a problem with my PC for 3 months now, after I shut it down and boot it up the next morning, there's no signal coming from my video card, the PC boots fine into windows as I can hear the windows 11 chime on my headphones and both my mouse and keyboard light up just fine, I even tried the driver reset shortcut and can hear the beep through my headphones but still no display whatsoever, the only way I can boot normally is by shutting it down multiple times (usually around 2 times) and the display will be back.

I have already disabled Integrated graphics through the bios, uninstalled and reinstalled GPU drivers, reset and replaced CMOS battery, and reseated everything in the mobo.

When it boots in normally the video cards shows no signs of any problems, no crashing, artifacting, or fps drops whatsoever.

If I shutdown the PC when it successfully boots with display and either restart or shutdown and boot it backup it displays normally.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Here are my specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3400G
CPU cooler: Stock Ryzen cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte a320m-s2h
Ram: 2x XPG/Adata 2666mhz 8gb ddr4
SSD/HDD: Crucial bx500 250gb / Seagate Barracuda 1TB
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050 ti
PSU: generic psu 600w
Monitor: HKC (forgot the model)

The whole build is about 4 years old.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Reactions: Koyle
Jul 24, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.
Thank you for the heads up!