[SOLVED] No Signal with New Graphics Card

kevinzou442

Commendable
May 27, 2018
I bought a Radeon RX 5500 XT 8GB graphics card but when I plug in the HDMI cable to my monitor, it says no signal. My CPU is Ryzen 5 2400G with integrated graphics and I wanted to upgrade with a discrete graphics card. The monitor turned on after my second try and I could play games, but when I restarted my PC to factory reset my drivers through the Radeon Software, the same no signal issue occurred. I switched HDMI cables and saw that the cable wasn't broken. I plugged the HDMI cord through the graphics card but it looks like it's not all the way in. However, as stated above, the PC could work and play games before. So I do not think plugging it in is the issue. I plugged the HDMI into the second HDMI slot on my monitor, does that make a difference? I chose the input as HDMI 2 as well. I cannot find the reason for the <HDMI 2 No Signal> screen. What should I do?

Solution
I bought a Radeon RX 5500 XT 8GB graphics card but when I plug in the HDMI cable to my monitor, it says no signal. My CPU is Ryzen 5 2400G with integrated graphics and I wanted to upgrade with a discrete graphics card. The monitor turned on after my second try and I could play games, but when I restarted my PC to factory reset my drivers through the Radeon Software, the same no signal issue occurred. I switched HDMI cables and saw that the cable wasn't broken. I plugged the HDMI cord through the graphics card but it looks like it's not all the way in. However, as stated above, the PC could work and play games before. So I do not think plugging it in is the issue. I plugged the HDMI into the second HDMI slot on my monitor, does that...
I bought a Radeon RX 5500 XT 8GB graphics card but when I plug in the HDMI cable to my monitor, it says no signal. My CPU is Ryzen 5 2400G with integrated graphics and I wanted to upgrade with a discrete graphics card. The monitor turned on after my second try and I could play games, but when I restarted my PC to factory reset my drivers through the Radeon Software, the same no signal issue occurred. I switched HDMI cables and saw that the cable wasn't broken. I plugged the HDMI cord through the graphics card but it looks like it's not all the way in. However, as stated above, the PC could work and play games before. So I do not think plugging it in is the issue. I plugged the HDMI into the second HDMI slot on my monitor, does that make a difference? I chose the input as HDMI 2 as well. I cannot find the reason for the <HDMI 2 No Signal> screen. What should I do?

Often in these types of configurations the problem lies in the APU that your cpu provides.
Try disabling it from your bios.

Solution