Question No signal

Mar 28, 2023
Hi there,

I know this subject has been touched on a lot but with all the points people have suggested from various sources I haven’t had much luck.

I am currently upgrading my computer in segments and recently just picked up a 7900 XTX. My build right now is very unconventional because it is being placed on a ASROCK B250M-HDV motherboard. I have placed my ASUS 1060 back on since trying to single out the problem and it worked just fine.

Stuff I’ve tried so far:

• Reseting the CMOS battery
  • Uninstalling previous drivers

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mar 28, 2023
I think they are backwards compatible. Do you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard? Are you getting no signal when it's trying to boot windows? Can you get into your BIOS?
I have just updated my BIOS now to the lasted version available. When I initially put the graphics card in and turn on my computer it just says “no signal” on my monitor. When I reset the computer it goes to a loading screen but doesn’t go any further and if I do it again it goes to a blue screen stating “Your PC couldn’t start properly”.

When I reset the computer it goes to a loading screen but doesn’t go any further and if I do it again it goes to a blue screen stating “Your PC couldn’t start properly”.
A loading Windows screen? If so, the next time you do the same sequence to get to that point, spam the delete key before you see the 'loading' screen to see if you can get into the BIOS and reset it factory defaults. In your first post you stated your 'uninstalled previous drivers', which I assumed meant your graphics drivers. Did you subsequently install the drivers for your new GPU?

Mar 28, 2023
A loading Windows screen? If so, the next time you do the same sequence to get to that point, spam the delete key before you see the 'loading' screen to see if you can get into the BIOS and reset it factory defaults. In your first post you stated your 'uninstalled previous drivers', which I assumed meant your graphics drivers. Did you subsequently install the drivers for your new GPU?

I have loaded the BIOS to default. Yes a windows loading screen with the ASROCK logo and spinning wheel. Yes I uninstalled the previous graphics card drivers. However, without having the graphics card installed it won’t let me install the correct drivers unless there is a way around that.

You might be able to install the correct drivers if you can boot into Safe Mode with the new GPU installed.

To set up your system to boot into Safe mode, first reinstall your 1060 so you can boot into Windows (if you can). If you can't, ignore the rest of these instructions.

Then follow Method 2 in this but choose "Network" instead of "Minimal" under boot options. At the popup window, instead of choosing "Restart", select "Exit without restart". Then shutdown your system and physically reinstall the new GPU. Then power up your system. Hopefully it will boot up into Windows Safe Mode with your new GPU installed (fingers crossed) and with networking enabled. You can then go to the AMD website, download and install the appropriate drivers for the new GPU.

Mar 28, 2023
You might be able to install the correct drivers if you can boot into Safe Mode with the new GPU installed.

To set up your system to boot into Safe mode, first reinstall your 1060 so you can boot into Windows (if you can). If you can't, ignore the rest of these instructions.

Then follow Method 2 in this but choose "Network" instead of "Minimal" under boot options. At the popup window, instead of choosing "Restart", select "Exit without restart". Then shutdown your system and physically reinstall the new GPU. Then power up your system. Hopefully it will boot up into Windows Safe Mode with your new GPU installed (fingers crossed) and with networking enabled. You can then go to the AMD website, download and install the appropriate drivers for the new GPU.

I did exactly as you said and unfortunately I am unable to get onto my computer in safe mode. When I am at the windows loading screen it never proceeds past and is stuck. I also went one step further and got rid of the Nvidia drivers. Still nothing unfortunately.

Mar 28, 2023
Sorry I couldn't help you. Hopefully someone else will chime in. Good luck.

No worries! I ended up getting it to work and recognize the graphics card. It’s hard to say exactly what helped but it started not being able to get past the loading screen with my older GPU and just the mobo itself. So I loaded the Windows media creation tool onto a USB and reinstalled a fresh install. It then worked like a charm. There must of been some sort of software incompatibility.

I just wanted to say thank you both for trying to help me troubleshoot. I appreciate it.