Question No sound in gaming pc

Zeto

Commendable
Oct 16, 2020
For headphones or speakers?

Can you confirm that your device you are plugging into the PC works?
I use that jack for my headphones.
I've tried 3 different pairs of headphones partially new and they don't output sound in windows.
However, windows shows that sound is being outputted through the advanced sound settings (the green bar goes up or down).
But the headphones themselves don't output audio.

Basically windows detects audio but doesn't output the audio.

CompuGuy71

Proper
Jul 20, 2022
The headphones do work on other devices, iphone, android, and even another computer

Interesting. I suppose the actual physical jack may have failed, but that doesn't seem the most likely solution. Have you opened your PC case lately and moved anything around? Those front panel connectors can be really finnicky. Wouldn't hurt to open up the case and check your motherboard headers.

Zeto

Commendable
Oct 16, 2020
Interesting. I suppose the actual physical jack may have failed, but that doesn't seem the most likely solution. Have you opened your PC case lately and moved anything around? Those front panel connectors can be really finnicky. Wouldn't hurt to open up the case and check your motherboard headers.
i have recently moved around a few things for convenience and once i unplugged my gpu and put it in again the audio is gone. Did i damage the motherboard? The pc still turns on and is functioning.