Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

I recently upgraded from ME to XP. Since the upgrade, I have not been able
to play any sound whatsoever: CD, MP3, video...I initially thought that the
soundcard was bad so went out, purchased a new one, installed it...still no
sound. XP recognizes that there is new hardware but nothing else.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tony

Tony, did you install the XP drivers for the old or new sound card?
Usually the drivers will come on a CD with the card.
"Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently upgraded from ME to XP. Since the upgrade, I have not been able
> to play any sound whatsoever: CD, MP3, video...I initially thought that
> the
> soundcard was bad so went out, purchased a new one, installed it...still
> no
> sound. XP recognizes that there is new hardware but nothing else.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Tony

Could be something as simple as the wrong sound device being selected. In
the past I've sometimes had to go into control panel/sound properties and
change the default device from "line #1 modem" or something like that to
"Creative Labs SoundBlaster" or whatever sound card I was using at the time.
Have you checked that the proper values are selected on your system?