No Super Street Fighter IV PC Thanks to Piracy

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

More than 50% of the Xbox 360 owners I know would acquire this next SF title via piracy, not by purchasing.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
My friend got it for free with a memory stick. He gave me the code because he didn't think he needed the game. Essentially I pirated it while staying legit.

$29.99? absurd. I mean yeah that is a good price on one hand, but on the other hand... I got it for free. hmm... and I didn't illegally download it. I am confused ? :)

I thought this game was $10 for xbox now. Everyone who has a modded xbox360 has SFIV and SSFIV already. why release it for xbox360? again...I am confused ? ? ? ? PS3 exclusive wasn't the way to go guys? oh wait all 3 consoles are hacked. maybe keep it arcade only ? this is too confusing I'm gonna go read a book.

crowmag

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
For those that think piracy is ok.... give me your address I'll come over and help myself to your property. Thiefs hate when thiefs take their stuff.

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
i think he has it backwords, living in asia, i can say that there where PILES more pirated consol games then there where PC games, at least where i resided. the only differance is that they will take the disk hack it and send it out... so by there own words they shouldent be releasing the game period until they can stop PS3 games from being hacked, or 360 games they are basicaly boned. at least with the PC companies can roll out a new DRM scheme with a patch if they feel threatend,on consols... well its a loosing fight if you releas consol security patches that non of the pirats bother to download. honestly these guys should visit these countries and just look at how easy it is to play pirated consol VS PC.

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
[citation][nom]cinergy[/nom]"Street Fighter IV for PC is available on Steam for $29.99" That's the problem. If it would be available for $9.99 I'd be happy to pay for it and so would millions of other "pirates".[/citation]

You're full of crap. Most people pirate because they can and it's easy, not because they "have" to. If it were easy enough, you'd pirate it even if it cost $0.99.

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
[citation][nom]asdfaffewfwe[/nom]More than 50% of the Xbox 360 owners I know would acquire this next SF title via piracy, not by purchasing.[/citation]

Then you're hanging out with the wrong people. I don't know anyone who pirates 360 games.

phenom_x8

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
Hey, how can they expect to sell higher on pc when what they sell is something PC Gamer can do by itself with a mod for free(selling new customs as DLC that just the retextured version from the original, c'mon!)
So, looks like its not about piracy, but its about they unable to milk more money from smart PC Gamer all over the world by crap DLC they call super street fighter!

applegetsmelaid

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
Too bad. Fighters on PC version of SF4 are of much higher caliber on PC version than on consoles. Have XBOX360 and PS3 versions. You can't play online with a cracked version anyway so there's no fun in that. In fact, piracy is helping SF4 gain more players by those running a cracked version practice offline.

jaygee02

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2010
[citation][nom]alanman[/nom]Why not just make a great game at a reasonable price? Just saying.[/citation]

If it's so easy, why don't you do it?

jaygee02

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2010
[citation][nom]atikkur[/nom]one reason there is piracy,, one cannot afford it. so, how about making game that affordable by most gamers?[/citation]
I can't afford a ferrari - will you give me one?

G

thanks to piracy, everyone knows the game is crap compared to II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS