Question No VGA light, no bootup ?

Jun 21, 2021
Hello there! I'm quite new to this site, and building computers, so apologies for any missteps. For some background, I built my pc about three months ago (so it is fairly new) and i've frequently had trouble with the graphics card. On startup, the mobo indicates the phases with the LEDs (red CPU > orange DRAM > white VGA > green boot). It has gotten stuck on the white VGA light more times than I can count, but I can usually fix that by unplugging/replugging the PCIe cable to the graphics card itself. I have no problems after that, until I shut my PC down again and rinse/repeat.

Today, after several tries, I wasn't able to boot the PC as the VGA light wouldn't come on after the CPU/DRAM. I couldn't access BIOS when I tried to plug the monitor into the mobo itself. I know that at least the graphics card has power, though, since the fans were spinning as they normally would.

Here are my specs:
  • ASUS PRIME Z390-A
  • GeForce GTX 1660 Phoenix Edition
  • OLOy DDR4 16GB RAM
  • Intel Core i7 9700F
I think this might be a faulty graphics card problem, but I have no access to another to test my theory. Is it a mobo problem? or is there something I can do to fix it?

Thanks,
CJ