EpicOtis13

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2013
I started having issues with my current PC after a 'memory_management' BSOD today. My current build it a 3700x on a 570X Aorus Pro Wifi mITX board with 16gb of 3600mhz Vengeance Pro, a 2080 Super Black from EVGA, two Adata sx8200 pros, a Corsair SFX 600 all in a Nouvolo Steck. After 20 minutes stuck at the BSOD screen I turned the PC off and when I tried to turn it back on it began behaving weirdly. On pressing the power button, the fans on the GPU ramp up to 100% as they used to before slowing down, then after 10 or so seconds, they ramp back to 100% before slowing down again. There is no output to the display and when I hold the power button the fans on the GPU ramp back to 100% until I let go of it.

So far I have tried resetting the CMOS, reseating the RAM, reseating the GPU and riser, and unplugging and replugging all power cables. I am at my wits end since I have an important project I am in the middle of which my laptop does not cut it for. Any help is much appreciated!

Solution
New power supply and speakers came in, I am not getting any beep codes through the speaker and with the new power supply there is no change in the condition of the computer
Just to be sure, you did order a "case speaker" and not a set of speakers correct? The speaker should look like the picture I posted. It should connect near the front panel header on the motherboard itself. While it should not matter be sure to hook it up with positive (+) to positive (+) and negative (-) to negative (-). If the speaker is not labeled then black is negative.

If you did order a case speaker as a test remove the GPU and power the system on, without a GPU the system should throw a trouble code and cause beeps. If no beeps are heard there is...
Your system is not passing the P.O.S.T., Power On Self Test.

Since your motherboard does not have a digital read out or an onboard speaker the trouble codes that it is trying to emit are not being heard or seen. Spend $5-$7 bucks and get a case speaker to allow your board to beep out the trouble code. This code will point you to which component is not passing the P.O.S.T. so you know where to look.

Case speakers are not board specific so they can migrate from build to build. I have one that I got back when Windows XP was new. https://www.newegg.com/p/2ZR-0036-0...cm_re=case_speaker-_-9SIA4SR6UT7658-_-Product

A4SR_1_201801122102233598.jpg

EpicOtis13

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2013

Since your motherboard does not have a digital read out or an onboard speaker the trouble codes that it is trying to emit are not being heard or seen. Spend $5-$7 bucks and get a case speaker to allow your board to beep out the trouble code. This code will point you to which component is not passing the P.O.S.T. so you know where to look.

Case speakers are not board specific so they can migrate from build to build. I have one that I got back when Windows XP was new. https://www.newegg.com/p/2ZR-0036-00041?Description=case speaker&cm_re=case_speaker--9SIA4SR6UT7658--Product

A4SR_1_201801122102233598.jpg
I picked one up from amazon as well as a Silverstone SX700 just to be sure its not a power supply issue. I will update the thread with any developments

I flashed the newest BIOS and have no change to the issue. It is still behaving in the same weird way
From everything you are describing the problem seems to be with your video card. You could try removing the video cards heatsink and check the thermal paste. Sometime it will dry out and turn to the consistency of clay, then it can't keep the graphics chip cool so it throttles down.

EpicOtis13

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2013
From everything you are describing the problem seems to be with your video card. You could try removing the video cards heatsink and check the thermal paste. Sometime it will dry out and turn to the consistency of clay, then it can't keep the graphics chip cool so it throttles down.
I'd prefer not to take the heatsink off since the card is still under warranty and may need to RMA it.

EpicOtis13

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2013

Case speakers are not board specific so they can migrate from build to build. I have one that I got back when Windows XP was new. https://www.newegg.com/p/2ZR-0036-00041?Description=case speaker&cm_re=case_speaker--9SIA4SR6UT7658--Product

New power supply and speakers came in, I am not getting any beep codes through the speaker and with the new power supply there is no change in the condition of the computer

Just to be sure, you did order a "case speaker" and not a set of speakers correct? The speaker should look like the picture I posted. It should connect near the front panel header on the motherboard itself. While it should not matter be sure to hook it up with positive (+) to positive (+) and negative (-) to negative (-). If the speaker is not labeled then black is negative.

If you did order a case speaker as a test remove the GPU and power the system on, without a GPU the system should throw a trouble code and cause beeps. If no beeps are heard there is only two explanations, 1st. the new speaker is defective or the motherboard is faulty. My money would be the speaker being bad as that is far more likely to happen than the motherboard not produce the signal required. This test can also be done with the RAM instead if your CPU has an iGPU.

Solution