[SOLVED] No Video Output After Moving PC

Jul 12, 2020
Hi everyone,

I've been having an issue with my computer for a little over a year, and I finally decided to ask here after exhausting everything I could think of. I'm a student, so I move frequently, and often after moving my tower will no longer have any video output. In the past, I was able to fix this by reseating my graphics card, although it usually took several reseats and some poking/pressing on the card to get it to work. Today, I turned my PC on its side to plug in a cable, and when I turned it back upright there was no output again. I've tried reseating the GPU, but it didn't fix it. I also tried a few other things:
  • Reseating ram
  • trying ram two sticks at a time
  • using a different display cable (HDMI, I usually use display port)
  • moving the GPU to a different pcie slot on my motherboard
  • clearing CMOS
Due to the coronavirus, I don't have access to another computer to test on. However, a friend is sending me an old gpu so I can test that when it arrives.

I'm kind of at a loss for what could be wrong at this point. My main candidates are the GPU or the motherboard. I'm also wondering if the PCIe itself might be causing an issue, although it seems unlikely that both would fail at the same time. If anyone has any ideas that might help, I would love to hear them.

Here are the specs of my PC:
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46
CPU: AMD FX 8350
GPU: Asus GTX 1060 6GB
Memory: Ballistix Sport 4GB x 4
PSU: Corsair CX600M

Thank you

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2020
Hi, I have had a similar problem recently, You say that it could be the mobo, Seeing as you cleared CMOS, Reseated Memory and GPU, All the things i did with my pc. Have you tried reseating CPU?
I did not try reseating the CPU. I ended up buying a new motherboard and rebuilding my PC on to that board. So far it's working much better, but I think one ram stick is faulty which may have been the initial issue.