Noctua NH-C12P SE14 vs Antec Kuhler h20 620

reignsupreme11

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
Hey guys. I need a cooler under 50mm to fit in my azza solano 100 case with the side fan on and the heatsink has to be <150mm. These are my 2 best options and are available for within 12$ of each other. Important to note that i have an additional 120mm fan laying around to add to the Kuhler 620 radiator for push and pull (the noctua doesn't allow for this).

Which is the bets option as far as noise and performance if I want to try and overclock an i-52500K over 4.5 GHz.

thanks in advance

If noise is an issue, I think I would go with noctua. Noise comes from fan speed, and the noctua 140mm fan will turn slower and be quieter.

Either should cool well enough to be able to get your maximum OC. Not all chips will do 4.5, it just depends on your sample luck.

reignsupreme11

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
noise isn't a huge deal, but i don't want something that sounds like a dump truck either. i've seen reviews that place the Antec Kuhler a couple degrees better than the Noctua, does anybody agree with that?

I don't think a couple of degrees will make any difference when either cooler will do the job.

The Antec wants the radiator to draw in cool air from the outside. That will keep the cpu a bit cooler, at the expense of heating up the air in the case which is used to cool the graphics card.