Noctua NH-D15 in Fractal Design Define C with Corsair VEngeance LPX, will it fit with both fans and closed door?

Genesi5

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
Sup, guys!

Choosing an air cooler for the i7-8700K with mid-OC (take note - i'm little bit scared about purchasing AIO-coolers), thinking about NH-D15 because everybody praises it for its cooling capability, and because Intel has put some crap beneath heat spreader.
I'm already bought FD Define C case (no window or TG), ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard and i have one Vengeance LPX on it (it's gonna be more in the future). I've looked through the internet and i'm still not sure, will this fat boy fit into my closed case with both fans? As i know - Vengeance LPX is considered to be low-profile RAM, but still.........would it be possible to lift front fan enough to fit RAM's height and to close the door ......

.....Or should I buy NH-D15S? How different it is from NH-D15 in cooling perfomance? Will the S version be able to chill 8700K with mid-OC and keep temps below 70° C?

http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/define-series/define-c

Per Fractal Design, the case will accommodate 170 mm tall heat sinks, which should give you 2mm to spare. (as one fan sits a tad higher, it was a tight fit in my Corsair 100R, so I simply repositioned the tallest mounted fan as an intake, but, as that was a full 3" away and still blowing right at the first stack, I doubt it affected temps much....)

Solution