[SOLVED] Noctua nh-d15 on asrock b365m pro4 mobo - will it fit?

Apr 20, 2020
I have an asrock b365m pro4 motherboard, and im looking to get a new cpu cooler. i want to get noctuas nh-d15 but im worried that it might be too big, and there wouldnt be enough room for the graphics card. the ram is 32.7mm so its probably not a problem, but if it is, couldnt i just move the fan up a bit, and will the graphics card still fit with the huge heatsink? i already looked on noctuas mobo compatibility list but the mobo i have wasnt listed there. ty for all answers

Solution
The graphics card wont be affect by the cooler. As far as RAM some RAM will work some wont but usually most RAM height only interferes with the one fan, so in most cases you can just put the fan on the back side in a pull configuration

Another big factor would be the case you have, check the case's cooler height clearance. The NHD15 has a height of 165mm with fans.

To be honest depending on what CPU and/or overclock you are going for the NHD15 is probably overkill unless you are going for a very quiet computer.
The graphics card wont be affect by the cooler. As far as RAM some RAM will work some wont but usually most RAM height only interferes with the one fan, so in most cases you can just put the fan on the back side in a pull configuration

Another big factor would be the case you have, check the case's cooler height clearance. The NHD15 has a height of 165mm with fans.

To be honest depending on what CPU and/or overclock you are going for the NHD15 is probably overkill unless you are going for a very quiet computer.

Solution
Apr 20, 2020

thanks. i have an i5 9600k non oc, and i have a max 170mm cpu fan height allowance, so would i be able to move the fan up? also, i was looking at the u12s and buying another fan for a push/pull configuration. im thinking that might be better for my cpu instead of a d-15

Apr 20, 2020
one more thing, if i were to get a second fan for the u12s, could i plug it in to the fan controller that the case fans use? bcuz one fan uses 12w and my mobos cpu fan connector has a max of 12w, so i couldnt use a second fan with a splitter. or could i plug the splitter with both fans into the cpu water pump fan connector?

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2020
Do you mean 12V?

The fans themselves only use half a watt of power, so putting two fans off one CPU header should be more then fine. Your mobo also appears to have two CPU_FAN headers so You could put each CPU fan on one of those.
so should i plug both the fans into one header w/ splitter, or should i do one fan per header? one of the headers is for cpu fan and the other is meant for water pump fans

TRENDING THREADS