[SOLVED] Noise above 2000 rpm ?

Dec 5, 2021
Hello,

I’ve’ recently put together this pc and I’ve noticed when the gpu fan gets to 2000rpm it’s starts making this weird pulsating noise. not sure if it’s normal but it’s pretty dang loud and annoying (can hear it through headphones). The card is a 2060 ko ultra.

link to video with sound:

View: https://imgur.com/a/7mcgl2c

thank you for any help or suggestions for this

Last edited:
Solution
Any fan spinning at 2000 rpm is going to make noise.
A pulsating tone is indicative of an unbalanced fan.
You might contact EVGS customer support.

It is normal for a gpu to run at 80c. under load.
It would seem that perhaps your fan curve is a bit aggressive.

I would certainly install a 120mm rear exhaust fan to better direct the airflow over the cpu cooler and graphics card. It need not be particularly strong.
What's the temperature of the GPU ?

No casefan in the back of the case?
What's the brand and model of the case?
How many casefans are installed?
What's hapening with the GPU fan and temps when the TG sidepanel of the case is removed?

What's your CPU?

Dec 5, 2021
Hello,

I’ve’ recently put together this pc and I’ve noticed when the gpu gets to 2000rpm it’s starts making this weird pulsating noise. not sure if it’s normal but it’s pretty dang loud and annoying (can View: https://imgur.com/a/PWs8ofo

thank you for any help or suggestions for this
What's the temperature of the GPU ?

No casefan in the back of the case?
What's the brand and model of the case?
How many casefans are installed?
What's hapening with the GPU fan and temps when the TG sidepanel of the case is removed?

What's your CPU?

Temps on gpu are between 65-70c when the noise starts. Case is a icue 220t, came with 3 front fans, no rear fan. And as far as I can tell (with my noob eyes) the fans on the gpu both look fine with the side panel removed

Any fan spinning at 2000 rpm is going to make noise.
A pulsating tone is indicative of an unbalanced fan.
You might contact EVGS customer support.

It is normal for a gpu to run at 80c. under load.
It would seem that perhaps your fan curve is a bit aggressive.

I would certainly install a 120mm rear exhaust fan to better direct the airflow over the cpu cooler and graphics card. It need not be particularly strong.

Solution