vule.pcgeek

Commendable
Oct 15, 2017
I bought this PSU (the modular version) 15 days ago, I needed to plug the PC out of the wall (I can explain to someone by private message or sth.else if you really want). Generally, the PSU is great, but it started to make the noise like this: http://bit.ly/2FF1I5N
I'm just wondering: "Am I really that stupid to damage a new component " or something else is problem ? I saw a video on YT (it was 650W version) having simallar problem. The noise goes off when I plug the pc out of the wall and when PC is working for more than a minute.

Is it something called coil whine ? (correct me if i made a typo)

Should I repair it or continue to use it ? I read the dealer's warranty card, and by that they won't give me a replacement, thanks to Serbian law :_(

Thank you guys

P.S: I couldn't record that better, if you need a better one, just ask :)

Ralston18

Titan
I could not hear or tell anything from audio/noise link.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

In addition you should also update your post to explain what you mean by "to plug the PC out of the wall" and why doing so is or was necessary.

I think you mean that you just powered the PC down by pulling the power cord out of the wall outlet - is that correct?

If so, you may have corrupted the software or caused physical damage,

More information needed.

vule.pcgeek

Commendable
Oct 15, 2017
I could not hear or tell anything from audio/noise link.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

In addition you should also update your post to explain what you mean by "to plug the PC out of the wall" and why doing so is or was necessary.

I think you mean that you just powered the PC down by pulling the power cord out of the wall outlet - is that correct?

If so, you may have corrupted the software or caused physical damage,

More information needed.

1. Okay, no problem.
Specs:
i5 8400 with stock cooler
GTX 1050ti with one fan (Asus)
8GB DDR4 one stick
Gigabyte B360M H
that PSU

2. https://gajitz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/wall-outlet.jpg (you were right)

Now, it's working fine, noise got quiter, especially when playing games -_- (a bit weird, isn't it)

Is itt safe to use in future, or I should replace it ?

jason201

Prominent
Feb 20, 2018
Yes, PC was turned off.
I cannot be more sure than this :D
Then it is what it is. If it really bugs you, you're gonna have to get the PSU replaced.
First see if it can be done under the warranty (take it up with the store you've bought it from first, and if they refuse, then try taking it up with Coolermaster's official distributor for your country), if nothing goes, then you're gonna have to shell out more money for a new PSU.

vule.pcgeek

Commendable
Oct 15, 2017
Then it is what it is. If it really bugs you, you're gonna have to get the PSU replaced.
First see if it can be done under the warranty (take it up with the store you've bought it from first, and if they refuse, then try taking it up with Coolermaster's official distributor for your country), if nothing goes, then you're gonna have to shell out more money for a new PSU.

I'm just thinking about saftey using this. I'm a bit scary to leave it turned on without my control to be honest. Since I can just pull out the power cord, I solve the problem temporarily. (existance of the noice)

Ralston18

Titan
Computers need to be properly shutdown via the normal "Power" icon.

Using a switch (PSU, surge protector, power strip) is not recommended and only used if normal shutdown fails.

The next and most drastic step is pulling the power plug. Last resort in my mind.

If the computer is now working fine, then all may be well.

Could have been just some file corruption or other glitch due to the improper shutdown.

Simply keep an eye on things and be sure to properly shut down at all times.