Nokia Lumia 930 Leaks Ahead of Expected Launch Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
so... Galaxy S5 with an anemic battery? great job D:
Doesn't really need a massive battery for comparable battery life, as Windows Phone is appreciably more efficient compared to Android. However, I would love a RAZR MAXX sized battery... Would probably go a week between charges...

FloppyNacho

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013
so... Galaxy S5 with an anemic battery? great job D:
I don't mean to pile on without reason, but I feel this needs to be said. Windows Phone may seem a lot like your standard smartphone OS. Yeah, they have the same "back" "home" "search" software buttons and the general organization is comparable-- but do not mistake this for what happens behind the scenes. Windows Phone is a massively different beast that iOS and Android.

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Nokia makes some interesting hardware. It's really unfortunate that they hare held back by Windows Phone. An Android powered variant of this would be something special.

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
I used to like my Windows Phone but man, Microsoft needs to add HDMI support. I fell in love with my LG G2 when I downloaded the last episodes of American Horror Story Season 3 from u-torrent and added .srt subtitles all from the phone! I then watched it through the stock media player which had native support for .srt subtitles, which is a great feature to have. Beats having to drag my laptop around and connect it to the TV and to a power source which is not needed with my phone thanks to MHl and its rather large battery. The only problem is I have to stand up to pause or do anything, though I'm wondering if one can connect a bluetooth mouse to an Android phone?

alextheblue

Distinguished
Now, if only they could make their mid-tier unlocked phones more available in the US, ala the Moto G...
The Lumia 630 and 635 are headed this way, and at really good price points, too. I would like to see something in between the 635 and the 930 though - a new unlocked 7xx or 8xx model.
Nokia makes some interesting hardware. It's really unfortunate that they hare held back by Windows Phone. An Android powered variant of this would be something special.
If by "something special" you mean "just another Android phone similar to an HTC or Samsung device but with better camera", then yes.

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

Well maybe, but right now it's just another phone similar to an HTC or Samsung with a very restrictive operating system. I'd prefer the former.

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

Some of the things you can do on Android are very cool. Kinda like carrying around a desktop OS in your pocket. The fact that it is so open and customizable with such a huge library of apps and developer support makes it tops.

I would suggest getting a Chromecast to lose the cable and yeah you can use a Bluetooth controller, mouse, keyboard, or remote. Try that on Windows Phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.