Nokia X2 Takes a Bullet to Save Owner's Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

christarp

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
how did it prevent it from hitting the owner? It has a hole straight through it. Looks more like someone took it out back and shot it, Wouldn't be surprised seeing as how it's a nokia phone.

killabanks

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
ive had many top end nokias and i attest to their durability nothing like it out there but my samsung made galaxy nexus is a close second

nacos

Honorable
Mar 24, 2012
Seriously people? Just because the bullet went all the way through doesnt mean it should have killed him. If anything, by the time it got through the phone it was no longer lethal.

Naxos

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011

If it's on the internet it must be true.

G

I have a softspot for nokias, but, yeah, the bullet went through the phone. It was probably just going at an angle that passed through the phone but missed the guy's head.

G

LOL guys, maybe u should try harder, like grenades next time. Good luck! :)

edwpang

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2001
[citation][nom]Azathoth[/nom]In other News, dropping an iPhone whilst tying your shoe up shatters the backing and screen.[/citation]
My iphone 3GS fell off my pocket this way quite a few times, but did not leave any scratch on the screen, only some minor scratches on corners.

face-plants

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Might just be a true story. The parts about a stray bullet flying at someone shooting a camera phone video at least. As others have pointed out, just because there's a hole completely through the phone doesn't mean it couldn't have saved his life still. Looking at the entrance hole compared to the exit hole, the bullet had mushroomed and possibly fragmented once out the back. This had to dump a large amount of its kinetic energy into the phone and it's super dense lithium battery instead of dissipating it into the poor guys face. Another few mm higher on the phone and the round would've missed the battery and had much more velocity coming out the back.

If I had to choose, I'd rather be hit with a slower flattened bullet than one still jacketed going at around 1000 fps any day. Just my 2 cents as a long time own gun owner.

maraque

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
So going by what's reported and looking at the phone, the owner was using the phone's front camera to record the video?

Naxos

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011

Yeah this story is complete BS. The story says the phone kept him from getting hit while recording video....well the camera is on the back and it's obvious that the bullet came out the back that alone blows the story. He still would have been hit considering the bullet went completely through the phone. Anyone who has any clue about shooting should know that some plastic and aluminum in a phone might cause the bullet to expand but, but it's not going to slow the bullet down much.

In other news.... guy shoots his old phone, takes a picture with his new phone and says it saved his life.....

mrmez

Splendid
I guess it wouldn't have been needed as a miniature bullet-proof shield if he hadn't been filming a gun fight in the first place. Just saying.

Ps. Yeah, it does look like its straight through. Ie, done on purpose.

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]edwpang[/nom]My iphone 3GS fell off my pocket this way quite a few times, but did not leave any scratch on the screen, only some minor scratches on corners.[/citation]
He is talking about an iFail 4/s, you idiot. Or does your 3GS have a glass backing? Look how upset crapple fanbois get when you highlight flaws and weaknesses in their products.
Better go stand in line outside one of your temples...the iFail 5 is supposed to be released soon. With its innovative bigger screen.

_Cosmin_

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
[citation][nom]christarp[/nom]how did it prevent it from hitting the owner? It has a hole straight through it. Looks more like someone took it out back and shot it, Wouldn't be surprised seeing as how it's a nokia phone.[/citation]

Also usualy people hold the phone in hand not by corners.... so bullet should have pass trough hand to make that hole in phone !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.