not allow users to change desktops?

HB

In win98 I can set up policy files for each user and control their desktop.
From my research, this is not possible in XP Pro (single machinel, multiple
users) due to the single GPO that affects everyone.

Am I wrong? How can I control individual users desktops, and have them
locked down?

tia

Hi,

have a look at this link
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307800

I understand that it talk about a domain but if you view hiddden files and
change ntuser.dat to ntuser.man that should still work. That is to say users
will be able to change the desktop but those changes will not be saved.

Hope this helps

Ralph D. Worgul