Question Not booting/no display from monitor and no power from keyboard/mouse

Jul 17, 2024
Has : New Gigabyte B550 Gaming V2 motherboard

New AMD RYZEN 5 5500 GPU

New Super Flower 750 watt PSU

New G Skill RipJaws DDR4 Ram

Old GPU in which cant identify

Motherboard and CPU fans power on however, there is no display on the monitor/keyboard and mouse not functioning. The keyboard and mouse blinks a light initially when powered on and then does not function. I did do a reset with CMOS battery in and out, with one ram card in each slot and this was a no go. Ram card was seated properly. Is this a GPU compatibility issue in which is causing no display (no BIOS boot up) and keyboard/mouse not functioning?? Should replacing a new GPU may possibly resolve this issue?? Thank You!!

Ralston18

Titan
Did you use only the cables that came with the PSU?

This motherboard?

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileL...e_1301.pdf?v=6617483eb8e82bc3abb5488599d792ec

Confirm that I found the applicable User Manual

Read and review the entire manual.

Then work through the User Manual step by step to double check all connections and related configuration settings.

Check: 1) that the connections are corect and, 2) that connectors are fully and firmly in place.

Jul 17, 2024
Did you use only the cables that came with the PSU?

This motherboard?

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileL...e_1301.pdf?v=6617483eb8e82bc3abb5488599d792ec

Confirm that I found the applicable User Manual

Read and review the entire manual.

Then work through the User Manual step by step to double check all connections and related configuration settings.

Check: 1) that the connections are corect and, 2) that connectors are fully and firmly in place.
Used the cables that came with PSU.
Update: Replaced new GPU - XFX - AMD Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition 8GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card. Still the same as in no boot display and no keyboard and mouse functioning.

Jul 17, 2024
What I think is that the BIOS needs an update to support the CPU. BIOS version F14 is required for a R5 5500. The motherboard has a Q-Flash button on the back I/O.
How can it be possible to Q-Flash without a boot screen display? Thank

bignastyid

Titan
How can it be possible to Q-Flash without a boot screen display? Thank