Not enough required Dedicated Video RAM

G

Hello

I was looking at getting the game Total War: Warhammer 2, so I went to the site "Can You Run it" to see if my PC meets the requirements. So, I am good on all parts, CPU, RAM, Pixel shader, Vertex shader, but for dedicated Video Ram the required amount is 4 GB but I have 3.0 GB. What does this mean for gameplay, is it a big deal that I am low? I am not very familiar with what Dedicated Video Ram is and how it affects gaming, so any information about it would also be helpful.

Thanks!

My PC:
Mobo: MSI H110M PRO-D
RAM: 16.00 GB Dual-Channel
CPU: Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.30GHz
Graphics:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Min req is 1gb card. Recommended suggests maxing the quality at 1080p may use upto 4gb.

3gb if that what your 1060 model is will still run the game but youd run in less detail. If you did exceed vram capacity there will be performance issues but wouldnt stop you from playing.

G

Well, Speccy a program that tells you your hardware tells me 6GB and I bought a GTX 1060 6GB graphics card.

G

Isn't my Graphics card 6GB though or are you talking about something else?

G

Ah, yes you are correct, I guess I did not word that correctly. The sites says I have 3.0 GB of dedicated video RAM but I have a 6GB graphics card.

G

Well I am assuming that the test is wrong, I went into my system to check and is says I have a GeFore GTX 1060 6GB
Here is a picture https://ibb.co/dJXm6S

G

Well that's a relief, thought I was going crazy. Thanks for helping me out. :)

NerdIT

Distinguished
Just so you know what it was talking about. Dedicated Video Ram comes into play if you were to be using the Integrated Graphics on your CPU, which, does not matter because you have a dedicated GPU (GTX 1060). It refers to the amount of system RAM that is allocated to "help" the CPU with graphics rendering.

Nowadays this should be a non issue for any newer system.