[SOLVED] Not enough sys_fan slots.

Aug 21, 2020
Hi, I apologise if this is confusing at all as I’m not that smart with PC parts and stuff.

I’m currently building a new PC and I’ve come to the end but I realised that I don’t have enough slots for all my cooling. I have a z390 Aorus Ultra motherboard, 6 Corsair LL120 case fans, and a NZXT Kraken x63 AIO for my CPU. If I plug all my cooling into each sys_fan and sys_fan_pump slot, I still have two fans that aren’t connected.

So I was wondering if:

1) Is it okay to still run my PC? I’ve been a whole month without my PC because of parts that were missing etc. and I’m moving out soon to go to university and I need it for work prior to then, so I’m pretty desperate.

2) What can I do to connect these fans? I saw about molex connectors or something, But is there a specific type I need?

Thank you!

Solution
the cpu coler on top so fans should push air out and put one on the back to do the same then use front one as intake also with y splitter you should be able to run all fans so made sure you have the same amount of air that goes out then the one you get in .
Aug 21, 2020
I suppose haha, my boyfriend suggested the parts for me since I didn’t know too much about what to get.

and thank you for the link :) but do you think it’ll still be okay to run for the meantime while they aren’t connected?

I suppose haha, my boyfriend suggested the parts for me since I didn’t know too much about what to get.

and thank you for the link :) but do you think it’ll still be okay to run for the meantime while they aren’t connected?

With 4 case fans and an 280mm Aio?

Yes it'll run fine as long as you have them fitted / orientated for a front intake to rear/top exhaust configuration.

How are they fitted??
What case model?

Aug 21, 2020
I have a Lian Li O11 Dynamic and my AIO is on the top above my CPU and it’s intake I believe. The 3 case fans on the bottom are exhaust and the three on the right side are intake. I don’t know which fans aren’t plugged in. I think it’s one from the bottom and one from the side.

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
the cpu coler on top so fans should push air out and put one on the back to do the same then use front one as intake also with y splitter you should be able to run all fans so made sure you have the same amount of air that goes out then the one you get in .

Solution