Question Not Factory partition fail recovery

Allmightyballs

Prominent
Apr 12, 2019
MSI GL73 8rd Laptop, Samsung evo 970 installed replacing a single HDD(1TB drive split into 2, showing 558g in C & 349 in Data)

I used Samsung data migration tool. It worked and will boot no problem.

It wont let me make any form of recovery, reset or allow me do a fresh windows install. Neither MSI dragon center or Windows itself will allow this, both state a form of "files missing" or " Your computers disk partitions are NOT factory default"(No recovery hidden partition). From what Ive researched this is a fairly common problem people come across

Windows 10 USB install fails, the back up I saved before I installed the 970 doesn't work

Any information on the subject, links, suggestions on troubleshooting...Just anything will help greatly

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to first make sure your laptop is on the latest BIOS update(manually update to the latest, if you have any pending, without using DragonCenter). Then recreate your bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

You might also want to see if secure boot is disabled in BIOS.

Allmightyballs

Prominent
Apr 12, 2019
You might want to first make sure your laptop is on the latest BIOS update(manually update to the latest, if you have any pending, without using DragonCenter). Then recreate your bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

You might also want to see if secure boot is disabled in BIOS.
Ill check on the bios, your the first person to mention anything bios related other than boot order. Im also not positive on the secure boot either, once it booted on the Evo alone I didnt bother checking any further settings. Everything worked perfect except for the recovery/back up fails. Ill confirm about the bios & Secure boot asap

I have a win10 bootable usb but its giving a similar message when I try to reinstall windows. Says " a media driver your computer needs is missing". Is this the Samsung nvme driver or the recovery partition??

Heres a link to another forum with pics https://linustechtips.com/main/topi...data-migration/?tab=comments#comment-14085065