[SOLVED] Not posting after changing RAM Frequency

Nov 24, 2021
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB | 4x HX440C19PB3A/8
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
GPU 2080ti Hybrid
Mobo ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO

So I recently changed my RAM freq. to 4000Mhz as its supported by my RAM and was available in the BIOS. Since then I get the following screen upon boot once or twice before it finally boots to the system.

Irx8vBt.jpg

Any Ideas on a fix?

Solution
Can't see the entire message on the screen in your photo.

Your ram is rated at 4000MHz. Your motherboard is rated at up to 4400MHz. Are you enabling an XMP profile or overclocking it manually? It says it should be running at 1.35 v.

4 sticks of RAM are harder to successfully overclock compared to 2 sticks. The experts here will most likely suggest bumping up the voltage a little bit. Again this depends on what the entire message on your picture says.

emitfudd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2017

Your ram is rated at 4000MHz. Your motherboard is rated at up to 4400MHz. Are you enabling an XMP profile or overclocking it manually? It says it should be running at 1.35 v.

4 sticks of RAM are harder to successfully overclock compared to 2 sticks. The experts here will most likely suggest bumping up the voltage a little bit. Again this depends on what the entire message on your picture says.

Solution

Ferimer

Distinguished
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB | 4x HX440C19PB3A/8
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
GPU 2080ti Hybrid
Mobo ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO

So I recently changed my RAM freq. to 4000Mhz as its supported by my RAM and was available in the BIOS. Since then I get the following screen upon boot once or twice before it finally boots to the system.

Irx8vBt.jpg

Any Ideas on a fix?
Did you enable a profile or manually did the overclocking? also what is your Power Supply? Increasing Voltage also needs just a tiny bit more power from the PSU

Nov 24, 2021

Hi I thought it being rated as 4000Mhz doesnt require any overclocking.

Did you enable a profile or manually did the overclocking? also what is your Power Supply? Increasing Voltage also needs just a tiny bit more power from the PSU

I just selected 4000Mhz in the BIOS. My PSU is a Corsair RM750x

Nov 24, 2021
It might say XMP Profile and you just enable that, and what that will do is give the BIOS profile for your Ram to push it to 4000MHZ as well as giving you the correct voltage needed to power that 4000Mhz
Okay I selected the XMP Profile and it now shows 4000Mhz Ram. I am still experiencing something weird tho. Whenever I power on my PC all components start for a brief second before they turn of again and then on again. Like a restart. After that one "restart" everything boots as normal and the PC works. Any Idea on what this could be?