Aug 15, 2020
My PC is still new built with Ryzen 5 3600x 2 16Gb DDR 4 RAM and when I first used it, it worked fine. However, ever since i done an update it stopped posting. I realised it was my RAM and so I investigated. The PC posts with 1 RAM but if i put the second it doesn't post anymore. It's not the RAM because I've tested both and individually the work fine on all slots, so it's not the slots either. I don't understand because it was working fine before the update. Both RAMs are identical 16Gb. Have an ASUS Prime B450-Plus MotherBoard.

Would appreciate any help.

My PC is still new built with Ryzen 5 3600x 2 16Gb DDR 4 RAM and when I first used it, it worked fine. However, ever since i done an update it stopped posting. I realised it was my RAM and so I investigated. The PC posts with 1 RAM but if i put the second it doesn't post anymore. It's not the RAM because I've tested both and individually the work fine on all slots, so it's not the slots either. I don't understand because it was working fine before the update. Both RAMs are identical 16Gb. Have an ASUS Prime B450-Plus MotherBoard.

Would appreciate any help.
What update ? Bios , Win 10 ?
Exact reference of your RAM ?
16 Gb total or 2 x 16 GB ?
PSU ?

Aug 15, 2020
What update ? Bios , Win 10 ?
Exact reference of your RAM ?
16 Gb total or 2 x 16 GB ?
PSU ?
Not sure what the update was for it was one of those update and shut down ones. I'm on Windows 10. My BIOS is American Megatrends Inc version 3.1. It's 2 X 16GB making 32GB. PSU is a CORSAIR 550W CV SERIES™ CV-550 POWER SUPPLY. Not sure what you mean by exact reference of RAM but this is my RAM 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz (2 x 16GB)

Not sure what the update was for it was one of those update and shut down ones. I'm on Windows 10. My BIOS is American Megatrends Inc version 3.1. It's 2 X 16GB making 32GB. PSU is a CORSAIR 550W CV SERIES™ CV-550 POWER SUPPLY. Not sure what you mean by exact reference of RAM but this is my RAM 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz (2 x 16GB)
In which RAM socket do you install your RAM sticks ? Do you refer to page 1-10 of your manual ?

Aug 15, 2020
In which RAM socket do you install your RAM sticks ? Do you refer to page 1-10 of your manual ?
Yes I've done 1-3 and 2-4. It was working fine previously with slots 1-3 but like i said once i went to shut down my PC it done the update and when I turned it back on it didn't post

The SPD is blanked out but that's what's in my Memory. Thanks for your help so far though, you're being really helpful.

View: https://imgur.com/VRGcOsN
Something is still not right, it should indicate Dual channel and not Single. Are you sure the sticks are in the A2 B2 sockets per your manual ? These are the 2nd and 4 th socket when you start counting from the CPU.
By the way did your RAM come as a kit of 2, or are they 2 separate singles ?

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2020
Something is still not right, it should indicate Dual channel and not Single. Are you sure the sticks are in the A2 B2 sockets per your manual ? These are the 2nd and 4 th socket when you start counting from the CPU.
By the way did your RAM come as a kit of 2, or are they 2 separate singles ?
The Dimms are definitely seated properly and they are on slots 2 and 4. They are a kit as well. In terms of SPD I meant the slot that's not being recognised (slot 2) is blanked number 4 does show the data View: https://imgur.com/gyNdT1q