[SOLVED] Not sure if aligned triangle correctly

SteveBeast

Commendable
Jul 9, 2021
Hello guys,

I just assembled my PC ( i7 10700k, z490 a pro, dark rock pro 4, rtx 2070 super, 32 GB ram)
And unfortunately I'm not sure if I aligned the little golden triangle of the CPU with the motherboard.
I didnt pay attention unfortunately. The CPU just slid into the socket. And after installing windows the system runs fine. Altough the CPU gets a bit hot sometimes. Would the system even run if I didnt align the triangle? Should I reinstall all, take off the cooler and see if its aligned correctly?

Solution
Ah ok because I was very worried because I wasnt sure if I aligned the triangle. But would the PC even boot or what would happen?
First of all...it may not even fit....but assuming it fits.....I could see damaging the CPU and/or the motherboard.....as you would probably be applying voltages to terminals that weren't designed for this.
It definitely would not boot.
You would probably get a black screen and maybe some lights on the motherboard.
You may even get smoke.
Ah ok because I was very worried because I wasnt sure if I aligned the triangle. But would the PC even boot or what would happen?
First of all...it may not even fit....but assuming it fits.....I could see damaging the CPU and/or the motherboard.....as you would probably be applying voltages to terminals that weren't designed for this.
It definitely would not boot.
You would probably get a black screen and maybe some lights on the motherboard.
You may even get smoke.

Solution