maricmani12345

Reputable
May 26, 2018
So i want to buy a liquid cooler, but i dont know which one to get. ive looked at 2 aios.
Arctic liquid freezer II 420 A-rgb - 137,85 euro
Fractal lumen s36 rgb - 159,51 euro
The performance difference ive seen in reviews is miniscule, so i either pay more for a better looking cooler (fractal), or less for a bit worse looking cooler.

If you have any other suggestions let me know.

Seems like a pretty narrow list of possibilities of cases that don't support 120mm/140mm tower coolers, but DO support 360/420mm rads!!

For reference, I'm cooling my 5600G with a 120mm AIO. My brother is using a Noctua U14S for his 5600X. Both solutions are more than enough.

maricmani12345

Reputable
May 26, 2018
To be clear. ANY 360mm rad for a 5600X is purely an aesthetic choice. You don't need that much cooling for a 5600X.
i know that, but a big air cooler cant fit + i want to use this for quite a while, so i will use it for a stronger cpu i buy in a few years.
i mean i will still think about it since theres some time before i even buy anything. And I know a guy that has fully custom liquid cooling for an even worse cpu lol.

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Maximum cpu cooler height of 163mm... that's still pretty spacious.
Scythe FUMA 2
Deepcool AK620
be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Thermalright Macho C and Peerless Assassin 120
... and a bunch of others.

Now, back to the 2 AIOs... Do you have a backup cooler(excluding the Wraith)? AIOs inevitably fail, forcing a complete replacement(save for the working fans). This, I believe, is their biggest con, making them more expensive than the retail price suggests.
To reduce the downtime when one fails, have a backup cooler.

I suggest letting other people beta test the Fractal Lumen to see if it has the same coolant issues as MAG + MPG Coreliquid and Kraken M22. It hasn't been out that long.

Reactions: tennis2

maricmani12345

Reputable
May 26, 2018
Maximum cpu cooler height of 163mm... that's still pretty spacious.
Scythe FUMA 2
Deepcool AK620
be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Thermalright Macho C and Peerless Assassin 120
... and a bunch of others.

Now, back to the 2 AIOs... Do you have a backup cooler(excluding the Wraith)? AIOs inevitably fail, forcing a complete replacement(save for the working fans). This, I believe, is their biggest con, making them more expensive than the retail price suggests.
To reduce the downtime when one fails, have a backup cooler.

I suggest letting other people beta test the Fractal Lumen to see if it has the same coolant issues as MAG + MPG Coreliquid and Kraken M22. It hasn't been out that long.
I have the wraith and my 212x rn, but i might sell the 212x when i buy a new cooler. will see.