Question NOT URGENT!! RX 460 Not detected in bios, fans spinning at max speed

Nov 25, 2018
I have an RX 460 from Gigabyte that does not work, I'd like to send it to get it fixed (still in warranty) but I'd like to know what happened to it.

The card is not detected in anything, but it powers on and the fans spin at max speed.

It's dead I just want to know what caused it. (I received it broken)

Thanks for any input.

I'm not looking for a fix but I'm curious as to what might have caused it.

PC specs are:
Ryzen 5 2600x (bought new a month and four days before the 3 series debuted so no returns)
MSI b350m Mobo
16 GB (2x8) G.Skill Aegis
RX 470 XFX 4GB
Running on a 1Tb Hybrid Disk Drive that I took from my old laptop
Power supply unit is Corsair CX600

For my test PC (because of no integrated graphics on Ryzen)
Dell Optiplex 7010
Intel I5-3570
8 GB (2x4) Random brand
And a TB hard drive from Seagate.

Last edited:
Kindly provide FULL PC specs, first of all. Make and model of your Motherboard, and PSU ? Is this a brand NEW GPU ? Do you have the latest system BIOS for this PC ?

Do you get a no signal message on your Monitor screen, or the display is totally blank ? Try to reset the CMOS settings to default, if need be.

Nov 25, 2018
Kindly provide FULL PC specs, first of all. Make and model of your Motherboard, and PSU? Is this a brand NEW GPU? Do you have the latest system BIOS for this PC?
Ryzen 5 2600x (bought new a month and four days before the 3 series debuted so no returns)
MSI b350m Mobo
16 GB (2x8) G.Skill Aegis
RX 470 XFX 4GB
Running on a 1Tb Hybrid Disk Drive that I took from my old laptop
Power supply unit is Corsair CX600

Everything is the latest driver and bios and again this isn't urgent by any means.

The 460 is Not New (should have mentioned that earlier) and I have a test computer set up for it. Test PC is an Optiplex 7010 everything is updated.

I don't need a fix, I'm just curious