Question Notcing some games running choppy, looking for some upgrade help.

xThunderxWolfx

Honorable
May 18, 2014
Hey guys, I've been noticing some newer games running a little off on my pc, and some older games having some stuttering issues so I'm debating on upgrading some parts and was wondering where I should start, I currently have:
ASRock P67 Pro3
Nvidia Gtx970
Evo 850 SSD
I5-2500K
and 8GBs of RAM.

And I ran a UserBenchmark.

UserBenchmarks: Game 56%, Desk 50%, Work 29%
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K - 56.8%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 - 66%
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB - 49.9%
HDD: WD Black 750GB (2008) - 55%
RAM: Adata DDR3 1600G 2x4GB - 51.7%
MBD: Asrock P67 Pro3

What do you guys suggest?

Just throw it all away and start new? What brought you to that conclusion?

Also I run a 60mhz monitor so that might be part of the choppiness.

The 10 year old CPU and motherboard brought me to that conclusion. There's really no decent upgrade path from that. Not to mention 8 GB of ddr3 RAM.

If the system can't hold a steady 60fps in games it will be choppy and tear. That's the issue regarding the monitor. All(most) new monitors have some sort of screen sync hardware ie:GSYNC or Feeesync.

Reactions: NightHawkRMX

xThunderxWolfx

Honorable
May 18, 2014
The 10 year old CPU and motherboard brought me to that conclusion. There's really no decent upgrade path from that. Not to mention 8 GB of ddr3 RAM.

If the system can't hold a steady 60fps in games it will be choppy and tear. That's the issue regarding the monitor. All(most) new monitors have some sort of screen sync hardware ie:GSYNC or Feeesync.
Gotcha, It'll be a bit before I have the funds for a whole new build. What could I sell my current one for these days to alleviate some cost?

xThunderxWolfx

Honorable
May 18, 2014

xThunderxWolfx

Honorable
May 18, 2014
Well, they don't tell you what brand the PSU is to start. That's an issue as cyber power is known for using horrible power supplies.

An I9 9900k has been known to overheat on even beefy air and water coolers. Whether air or water you need a beefy cooler.
I noticed that and selected a corsair PSU instead. I could grab the master airmaker or the V8 gts but I don't know much about water coolers tbh. Or I could go with Origin but I don't care for the parts you get for the price.

Last edited: