[SOLVED] Nothing happens when I press the power button after plugging in the CPU to PSU ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2024
Hi. I am doing my first ever PC build and these are the main components:
CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D (8C/16T, 5.0GHz, 96MB, AM5), 100-100000910WOF
Motherboard - Asus TUF Gaming A620-Pro WiFi, AMD AM5, WiFi, Bluetooth, ATX
Watercooling - Lian Li Galahad II Trinity 360, 3x120mm ARGB
GPU - Gigabyte GeForce RTX4060 Aero OC, 8GB GDDR6
PSU - Gigabyte P750GM, 750W, 80+ Gold, modular, ATX
RAM - Kingston Fury
Beast White RGB, 32GB (2x16GB), DDR5 5600MHz, CL40

Every part is newly bought so it is not possible that the parts on their own don't work. I assembled everything, checked the cables, tried clearing the CMOS but nothing works. The first time i turned the PC on everything lit up except the RAM, so I looked for the problem and saw that I accidentally forgot to plug in the cpu power cord into the motherboard, so i turned it off, plugged the cpu into the mobo and the psu and now when i try to start it nothing works... Nothing happens when I press the power button... Could it be that the power switch is faulty?

Ralston18

Titan
This motherboard?

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...IFI_UM_WEB.pdf?model=TUF GAMING A620-PRO WIFI

(Do verify that I found the applicable User Guide.)

Refer to the User Guide to double check that all installed components are indeed supported, properly installed, and configured.

Confirm by sight and feel that all connections, seatings, RAM, jumpers, and case connections are fully and firmly in place.

No one wants to force anything especially with a new build. However what feels to be in place may not really be in place. Carefully unplug/replug or seat/unseat all components (excluding CPU) to ensure that the component is properly seated. You may discover that something simply goes into place much more smoothly with a good "fit and feel".

Regarding "Every part is newly bought so it is not possible that the parts on their own don't work.". There is no guarantee that a new part will work right "out of the box" and even if so, it may fail very quickly.

Just double check everything and post accordingly.

Jan 3, 2024
Are you 100% certain that your front panel connectors are attached to the motherboard properly (power switch, reset switch, etc)?

Also, verify that the PSU power switch is in the ON position.
I followed my motherboard manual on how and where the panel connectors should be connected so Im pretty sure its good :/, the PSU is on

Jan 3, 2024
This motherboard?

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM5/TUF_GAMING_A620-PRO_WIFI/E21886_TUF_GAMING_A620-PRO_WIFI_UM_WEB.pdf?model=TUF GAMING A620-PRO WIFI

(Do verify that I found the applicable User Guide.)

Refer to the User Guide to double check that all installed components are indeed supported, properly installed, and configured.

Confirm by sight and feel that all connections, seatings, RAM, jumpers, and case connections are fully and firmly in place.

No one wants to force anything especially with a new build. However what feels to be in place may not really be in place. Carefully unplug/replug or seat/unseat all components (excluding CPU) to ensure that the component is properly seated. You may discover that something simply goes into place much more smoothly with a good "fit and feel".

Regarding "Every part is newly bought so it is not possible that the parts on their own don't work.". There is no guarantee that a new part will work right "out of the box" and even if so, it may fail very quickly.

Just double check everything and post accordingly.
Should i just disassemble the whole pc and check for faulty hardware piece by piece?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Should i just disassemble the whole pc and check for faulty hardware piece by piece?
Before fully disassembling, try with just removing the GPU and trying with the on-board video. Verify that all connections on the PSU side of the cables are properly attached.

Also, make sure you are using a 4+4 or 8-pin cable for the second motherboard power connector and you aren't jamming a 6+2 PCIe cable into the connector (these are used by GPUs).

For that PSU it has 2 4+4 connectors for the motherboard. The motherboard has a 4 pin and 8 pin in the upper left of the board, you will need to connect 1 4+4 pin cable to the 8 pin connector and then take the other 4+4 pin cable and plug only 1 of the 4 pin connectors in, the other 4 pin will just hang there. If there is no braided cable protector on the cable you could pull the left over 4 pin back a little separating the 2 4 pins and tuck the extra one behind the motherboard tray.

Jan 3, 2024
For that PSU it has 2 4+4 connectors for the motherboard. The motherboard has a 4 pin and 8 pin in the upper left of the board, you will need to connect 1 4+4 pin cable to the 8 pin connector and then take the other 4+4 pin cable and plug only 1 of the 4 pin connectors in, the other 4 pin will just hang there. If there is no braided cable protector on the cable you could pull the left over 4 pin back a little separating the 2 4 pins and tuck the extra one behind the motherboard tray.
The motherboard only has one 8 pin connector in the upper left corner for the cpu

Jan 3, 2024
Hi guys, thank you for so much answers, I tried everything and I'll just send it to an IT repair shop. I'm too scared that I'll ruin something so I'm putting my faith into the professional techies🙌 I will definetly update you guys on what was wrong!

The motherboard only has one 8 pin connector in the upper left corner for the cpu
Not saying you're wrong but Asus's webpage for the Asus TUF Gaming A620-Pro WiF show there is a 8+4 power connector there and the specs even say there is a 8+4 power for the cpu.

Also double check and make sure all plugs are pushed in all the way. some times the 24pin can be hard to get it seated in all the way.

Jan 3, 2024
Hi guys! Just checking in and letting you all know that one of the smaller cables werent plugged in the right port, everything else was okay. Its all fixed now! Thank you for the support.

Status
Not open for further replies.