Question Noticed small water droplets inside computer case

Mar 28, 2019
I own a evga clc280 to cool my i7 8700k and have had it for 6 months. Last month I noticed small water droplets on the inside of my tempered glass side panel. The pc is about 8ft from my shower. I have wiped the moisture out and it takes a while before it returns. Do you think it is my aio leaking or condensation?

Mar 28, 2019
OsPQPs2.png

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Droplets on the inside of your case likely would seem to be coolant leaking. Do you notice a glycol or coolant smell when you open the side panel? Do the droplets smear a bit when you attempt to simply wipe them with a clean cloth?

If it were water, they should wipe cleanly away, assuming it is condensation forming inside the glass from shower steam, but is unlikely this is actually from that. The difficult part is that you have the variable of being close to a shower, so it still has to be considered.

Mar 28, 2019
Droplets on the inside of your case likely would seem to be coolant leaking. Do you notice a glycol or coolant smell when you open the side panel? Do the droplets smear a bit when you attempt to simply wipe them with a clean cloth?

If it were water, they should wipe cleanly away, assuming it is condensation forming inside the glass from shower steam, but is unlikely this is actually from that. The difficult part is that you have the variable of being close to a shower, so it still has to be considered.
Thanks it does smear and I’m not sure what glycol smells like so I’m going to rma

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
If you were to taste it, it should taste somewhat sweet but also bitter. Most coolant used for PC cooling isn't toxic, so it shouldn't hurt you, although I wouldn't advise drinking large volumes of it.

It will also smell somewhat sweet or sour where normal water obviously wouldn't have any smell or taste.