[SOLVED] Now now keyboards ....

OrdJk

Reputable
Jul 26, 2019
I am starting to get into keyboards and I think I want a 60% keyboard that has nice switches and isn't too expensive (by that I mean under £200/$249)

Also can you just put any key switch into any keyboard or what are the requirements

If you people have any recommendations be sure to shoot them my way

I have the anne pro 2 in mind

Have you tried one of those compact keyboards? For me those are too small, missing the arrow and function keys is a bit much. They look fun, but for usability I think a TKL (87, 84 key) keyboard is better to get. I was actually trying to find a good compact layout with a full numpad like this, it will be my next keyboard layout to get. I guess if you know you won't ever miss the keys a 60% layout takes out then it's fine, but just something to consider before you spend 100,200 on a keyboard.

71yXxsxTEyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Reactions: OrdJk
D

Deleted member 14196

yeah, I might pick up the gk61 for myself. I need an rgb at home, though I do love my cherry mx brown mech switches

yeah, I might pick up the gk61 for myself. I need an rgb at home, though I do love my cherry mx brown mech switches

I got mine, it's a bit eh.. hardware is good, construction, typing feel, key steadiness is solid. But a lot of bad things. It came set for bluetooth out of the box, I though it was broken since it would not type over USB. I had to go through a bunch of searching and almost returned it, till I read the manual a bit and wanted to see if bluetooth worked. So I hit the buttons to turn it on, and it started to work on USB. It also does not seem to have any internal memory to store settings, if you configure a light pattern, then swap to bluetooth, then back to USB, that light pattern resets until you open the software and apply it again. Also keys like ?/ are set to the secondary functions out of the box, there is no DEL key so hitting CTRL ALT DEL is tricky, the secondary function stencils on the keys are useless to see in most light and angles.

It's like someone took a very nice $150 keyboard and gave it to some 14 year olds to put together and program.