Nvidia Announces GTX 1050 Ti, GTX 1050 Graphics Cards, But No Founder's Edition

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

you should look at what happen with 270 vs 750ti. this is segment where budget is very tight. and some of them just want to play games even on lowered setting instead of using their very weak integrated graphic. while they do care about "best bang for buck" their first priority will always "what best gpu i can get without changing anything else".

Decends

Respectable
Jul 3, 2016

At this point, GPU's have become pretty damn power efficient from both sides of the fence. Also the Rx 460 is going to need a price cut to fend off the regular 1050 since neither one has power pin and they are similarly priced. It is Rx 460 vs 1050. RX 470 vs 1050 ti. RX 480 vs 1060. RX 490 (if ever a thing) vs 1070. RX 490x (Again if ever a thing) vs GTX 1080. RX Fury (Vega) vs 1080 ti (if both end up being made). And last but not least. RX Fury X (Vega) (i think pattern is obvious by now) vs Titan XP.

IceMyth

Honorable
Dec 15, 2015
Correct me, all AMD RX support VR right?
I went to GeForce website and checked for 1050 and seems it does not support VR, am I correct here? Also cant see if it supports SLI or not, I know 1060 does not but 1050 or 1050TI.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador

Being 'VR Ready" comes down to whether a card is powerful enough to meet the requirements for VR. Most cards can technically support VR, but they aren't powerful enough to provide a good experience. Only select cards from either company are considered good enough for VR:
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/vr/supported-gpus
http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/technologies-gaming/vr/vr-ready?utm_campaign=www.amd.com_vrready&utm_medium=redirect&utm_source=301

Also, no the GTX 1050/Ti do not support SLI. Neither does the 1060.

no. VR is more about raw power. ideally the minimum gpu required for VR still RX480. with Oculus ASW the requirement has been lowered to GTX960 and AMD RX470. so RX460 still did not meed the minimum requirement needed for VR. as for SLI nvidia low end no longer get SLI support since long ago. with pascal they extend that to one step higher with 1060.

Status
Not open for further replies.