NVIDIA audio no longer functioning after windows update

Jun 11, 2018
After a windows update my audio is no longer working, before i would plug in the headphones and it would work under "nvidia high definition audio" but now it only recognizes my computer monitors built in speakers. i have tried reinstalling my gpu drivers multiple times, also as a note i do not have realtek installed, i removed it because it caused some serious in game lag and always took priority over nvidia
M4GsNUa
. I have included my device manager window photo as well. Any help is appreciated.

also my specs are i7 8700k, windows 10, nvidia 1080 ti, aorus gaming 5 MOBO
px24 turtle beach headphones

https://imgur.com/gallery/avIXFjW
https://imgur.com/gallery/QISHZdj

Solution
Let me know how it goes. If it doesn't work (it really should), I'll be happy to continue to assist and if I can't, I'll call in the cavalry.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Oh. Are you plugging the headphones directly to the monitor? If so, then reinstalling the graphic drivers for your graphics card should have resolved the issue (and that explains the NVidia connection). Alternatively, you should probably reinstall the RealTek drivers for your motherboard (just the drivers) and use those as opposed to your graphic card's audio subsystem.

Just a thought.

-Wolf sends

Jun 11, 2018

I plug them into my case which goes into my MOBO, i do not have realtek, it was causing some serious in game lag whneever i used the mic, my audio device is "headphones" "high definition audio device" its working properly again after reverting to previous version of windows before the windows update. thanks a lot for the help wolfshadow!

Wolfshadw

Titan
So, basically, you're saying you're never going to update Windows again...

RealTek software, I can understand it might cause lag. RealTek drivers should not cause you lag. BTW, if you completely removed RealTek from your system, your motherboard audio outputs wouldn't work any longer.

Recommend you reinstall the RealTek drivers for your motherboard (just the drivers) and then run the Windows update again. If the audio fails AFTER the Windows update, reinstall the RealTek drivers again. This should get you the Windows update AND your audio back.

-Wolf sends

Jun 11, 2018

makes sense... okay ill do as suggested and restore realtek prior to updating to see if it fixes the problem. Thanks much

Jun 11, 2018

Hey, after reinstalling realtek and redoing the update the problem has some how fixed itself. appreciate all the help wolf!