Nvidia Benchmarks GTX 480 Against Radeon 5870

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cool, so NV told you something good about their own product, imagine that

how about instead a 3rd party, that would be better

mstngs351

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2009
"their new cards run hot..." thats pretty funny you say that considering their is squat for actually test results for the 480. Please don't post opinions as if they are facts fanboy. Also over a 20fps advantage is pretty good considering the low end was around 16ish for the ATI. I mean approx 40% faster? Yes pls. Lets not forget that yes these are nvidia's numbers and they have yet to be confirmed so how about you stop showing how closed minded you are by calling foul before you know anything.

G

i dont think that nvidia is screwed honestly since they are bound to come out with a 495 or something as a repurcussion of 6xxx or whatever and plus there are a crapload of nvidia fanboys that dont care about the benchmarks, they just want sli instead of crossfire or evga instead of xfx and on that note, may i remind u that a lot of people agree that the manufacturers that solely develop nvidia cards do a better job, and not to mention that the 6xxx series may be utterly flawed in every way...u never know. it could be worse than the 480 for all we kno and by then like i said nvidia will have probably come out w/ a new card and i think nvidia is going to get more backing from intel in an attempt to out do amd but this is just my opinion based on....stuff.....yeah...stuff

masanton

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
IF u look in the video of the heaven bench mark its version 1.1 witch runs 30% faster then 1.0 version. but im not saying that radeon card was tested in 1.0 i'm just saying that we have another blurry bench on the fermi performance.. It might as well be same performance. Price on nvidia cards will tell witch is better buy. But i for instance will buy nvidias fermi CARD JUST BECOUSE 3d vision only works with nvidia thats all)))

Status
Not open for further replies.