Nvidia Fermi Renders Look Ultra Realistic

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

these are not renders, these are photo projections from a photo taken by a digital camera

cyberkuberiah

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Kevin Parrish[/nom]Fermi, the company's next-generation CUDA architecture, is jammed pack with more than 30 million transistors[/citation]

no , its 3,000 million or 3 billion as per nvidia's site

cyberkuberiah

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
what nvidia really needs to do is have some awesome DirectX drivers for this stuff ... for the fullest performance . i suspect that although it'll beat 5870 CF or X2 easily , the thing to watch for is its price .

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]cyberkuberiah[/nom]no , its 3,000 million or 3 billion as per nvidia's site[/citation]

Yeah 30 million doesn't seem that impressive considering a super common Core2 Duo chip has 291M and the Geforce 200 series has 1,400M. Tom's "Hardware"? Go read a book about transistors...

cyberkuberiah

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Zirbmonkey[/nom]Amazing Pics! A huge leap in rendering generations. But one thing left out is... how fast can it render those images? Sure they're ultra-photo-realistic. But that's just the rendering architecture's software to make it possible. If it takes 5 mins to render a 1080p slide in ultra-detail, when it speaks nothing about the GPU, other than that the GPU is what made the frame.[/citation]

from google's chinese to english translation it is mentioned "real time rendering" on the original forum . lets hope this is true . and yes , truly amazing pics , the first i'd call photo realistic in real time rendering history .

cyberkuberiah

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
more than 2x shaders than gtx285, and considering its mimd with half speed (ati is 1/5 speed in hd 5000 , gtx285 is 1/8 speed) double precision FP , this thing really has the potential for more than "just" 2 x gtx285 . i am waiting for benchmarks , but repeating myself , with mature drivers .

roofus

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Let the nvidia fanboys rejoice, I'll put my 2 5870s in xfire against it any day![/citation]

you just painted yourself as the biggest fanboi here so far.
articles like this don't get much mileage as far as i am concerned. a couple screenshots of a render do not tell me a thing at all.

cyberkuberiah

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
[citation][nom]lemonade4[/nom]will it be able to run crysis 2?[/citation]

definitely , and beyond that ! but lets keep our fingers crossed on one matter : they haven't announced pricing yet .

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Graphics card tech demo's are bull, period. Sure it can render that by itself, but what about when there is an entire game running whith graphics of that level? I think not, Nvidia.

wira020

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
THIS DOES NOT PROVE ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!

Unless a video proves it... a photo is a photo.. and words on a forums of pro-nvidia... this is just software to me... and yes it is nice.. any gpu can render it but how fast will it do 1 shot.. i can hardly believe that after showing a mock sample at a conference nearly a month ago, they can already have it functional now... seriously..

dheadley

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2006
I find it hard to believe that these pictures are being done in real time. They look to be scenes rendered in a 3D modeling application like Lightwave or Softimage to me.

I've been playing around with 3D applications as a hobby since 3D Studio was a DOS application and looking at rendered scenes on Renderosity, RuntimeDNA, Deviantart and many other sites for years. I would love to see this kind of work in realtime, but it would take video cards that are more than usual 30% improvement, but 30x the previous generation.

G

darn! They forgot to program the virusses and bacteria on his face!

G

Can you only imagine what a computer can make from your webcam video?

I mean, it's only a little step away between displaying a human face,and synchronizing it with the face in a cam recording!
Pretty soon we can't trust anything anymore!
We think we're chatting with a hot chick,and in real fact it's a long haired old geezer!

wira020

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]ZZZ2010[/nom]Fake . Pips Labs is a FX Studio. This is rendered stuff.http://onesize.nl/projects/playgrounds-titles-2009http://vimeo.com/6947473http://motionographer.com/theater/ [...] nd-titles/[/citation]

lols.... they take some shot from the web and slaps some words claiming fermi did it... THEY'RE DAMN FAKE...

Status
Not open for further replies.