[SOLVED] NVIDIA GeForce Experience is running but won't open

ptminerva

Commendable
Dec 23, 2019
Like the title says, this problem has been plaguing me for years and I finally decided that enough is enough. Hoping someone here could help me because ive spent the last year or so searching forums and sites with solutions to my problem. Ill give a full run through of my problem and maybe y'all can help. GeForce Experience is running because I have the FPS counter, and its in my processes(task manager) and under services I do not have the Nvidia Telementary service( as seen in this picture View: https://imgur.com/a/lXYPxXk
) I already have exceptions in my antivirus as well ( as seen here View: https://imgur.com/a/i9JXSSk
) Open to solutions and would definitely retry some solutions to double check. Thanks for any assistance!

Solution
Okay.

Check the following link.

https://www.gamingscan.com/geforce-...s how to uninstall and,down list that pops up.

However, my system shows the service as "Nvidia Display Container LS".

Seems to track but I am not sure about the service being the same (i.e. "NVIDIA Telemetry Container " vs " Nvidia Display Container LS".

Wondering if those are two different services or a name change from former to latter because "telemetry" could imply the user system is being monitored.

Which could be taken as sending information to Nvidia - sort of what I was thinking in Post...

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

GPU - model, version, specs?

Explain more about "FPS counter"

I am not seeing a reference to telemetry in your posted images.

And I only have "NVDisplay.Container.LocalSystem running per the Services tab in Task Manager.

One immediate thought: are you allowing your card/drivers to send information to NVIDIA to help with "performance analysis and troublershooting" or whatever wording is being used?

In/on the Nvidia Control Panel what drop down options are set via the Desktop tab?

Also look under the Help tab > System Information > Components . Scroll to the bottom.

I found 5 listed .dll's with the Product Name : "NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component".

ptminerva

Commendable
Dec 23, 2019
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

GPU - model, version, specs?

Explain more about "FPS counter"

I am not seeing a reference to telemetry in your posted images.

And I only have "NVDisplay.Container.LocalSystem running per the Services tab in Task Manager.

One immediate thought: are you allowing your card/drivers to send information to NVIDIA to help with "performance analysis and troublershooting" or whatever wording is being used?

In/on the Nvidia Control Panel what drop down options are set via the Desktop tab?

Also look under the Help tab > System Information > Components . Scroll to the bottom.

I found 5 listed .dll's with the Product Name : "NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component".
Sorry here
MSI B550 A-Pro
Ryzen 7 3700x
GTX 1060 6GB
Ballistix Crucial 16gb 3600mhz
Win 10

The FPS counter is just an in game overlay and need GeForce running to be in used(which tells me that GeForce is indeed running but I cannot open it)

the Telementary was something I saw mentioned on a couple other forums

How do I check if I am allowing the card/driver to send information?

Under the Desktop Tab I have 2 checkmarked
-Add Desktop Context Menu
-Show Notification Tray Icon

I have 5 as well
View: https://imgur.com/a/NOdarZO

ptminerva

Commendable
Dec 23, 2019
I am aware of how to use the FPS Counter, it is currently working for me. That is what Im saying, as in if the FPS Counter is still working than that means that Nvidia GeForce is running in the background, but when I right click and open GeForce Experience it does not open. Also I know how to open the Nvidia overlay. Also according to that post you sent, I need to be able to OPEN GeForce Experience to be able to check it. So it won't help much considering I cannot open GeForce Experience

Ralston18

Titan
Okay.

Check the following link.

https://www.gamingscan.com/geforce-...s how to uninstall and,down list that pops up.

However, my system shows the service as "Nvidia Display Container LS".

Seems to track but I am not sure about the service being the same (i.e. "NVIDIA Telemetry Container " vs " Nvidia Display Container LS".

Wondering if those are two different services or a name change from former to latter because "telemetry" could imply the user system is being monitored.

Which could be taken as sending information to Nvidia - sort of what I was thinking in Post #2.

I recognize that the problem has been "plaguing" you for many years. And you obviously have endlessly googled the issue.

So I am going think out of the box a bit and probably fall out in the process.

In any case I think it is likely just a matter of getting the correct services etc. running so GeForce Experience will open and run for you.

Not sure of the dependencies involved but my thought is that there is just some related mis-configuration.

Solution