Nvidia GeForce GTX 1000 Series (Pascal) MegaThread: FAQ and Resources

Page 81 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
feel free to drop some links :) i like computerbase.de as well. they get lots of cards reviewed. the charts are readable and can translate for text if need be. lots of cards don't make it to the US so they don't get reviewed here much. can fill in some gaps in the review links this way :D

For $1200, I'm sure you can manage to resist. That's only like two weeks away though. Good news, it means a GP102 GTX 1080 Ti, my next card, is forthcoming in the coming months.

NVIDIA TITAN X
GPU Architecture Pascal
Frame Buffer 12 GB G5X
Memory Speed 10 Gbps
Boost Clock 1531 MHz
11 TFLOPS FP32
44 TOPS INT8 (new deep learning inferencing instruction)
12B transistors
Up to 60% faster performance than previous TITAN X

mr91

Distinguished

That is good value if they release a card almost as fast as the Titan with the same amount of Vram... Because nothing can be done with the VRAM..

It also makes me wonder if Volta is around the corner, or at least Pascal 2. I mean relatively speaking "around the corner", like in 2017. It just seems like an accelerated release cycle. They also have the GTX 1050 sitting there waiting on the RX470.

depending on how big the chips are. personally i don't think they will hit 2Ghz. 1.7-1.8 probably more likely.

The big question is 'where is HBM2'? It supposed to be a few months away before it goes into mass production. Seems like another good reason to anticipate a Pascal 2 refresh with HBM2 sometime in maybe the first half of 2017.

manleysteele

Reputable
Jun 21, 2015

HBM2 will have to be a lot better than HBM1 before it will be on my radar. So far it's been a hypothetical upgrade putting the best face possible on it. I certainly won't pay more for it unless it proves to be better than it has so far. A FuryX is not far enough ahead of a 390X to make me notice and a Fury Pro barely stays out of a 390X's way. That is with 1000 and 500 more shaders, respectively. They should both bury a 390X and they don't.

Now I'm wondering if this might be like the 600 series to 700 series. They started with just the GTX 680 and a Titan. But then they didn't really expand on that until the next 700 series refresh cycle with the GTX 780, Titan Black, and then finally the 780 Ti. I hope I don't have to wait until 2017 for that GTX 1080 Ti (or GTX 1180 Ti, if that's the case).