Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Graphics Card Roundup (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would have been nice to see more included, especially those that that some have decidedly called them "B grade" units. (Where's eVGA? Asus? Zotac? PNY? (and others not available in the U.S. Market? (We know Palit isn't, yet it made the list.)) Was this limited to cards on-hand? I can understand, to a point, the limits of the "IF we haven't tested it, we don't include it," but at times this can be frustrating.

Th_Redman

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011
"We will continue to update this roundup as new test samples become available. Some are already in the lab; others are en route". For you people that complain about only 4 cards for this roundup, can you read? There will be more GTX 1070's when they get them. Geez.

FormatC

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
Because four others are already waiting, with a Gigabyte. How many hours has your day? 48?
We had it together with the 1080's in Germany but here it was splitted into 1080 and 1070. More cards will follow. Word.

Asus? They sent me nothing yet. As so often. And: I need to disassemble it for a closer look. This is nearly impossible in Germany, because the Asus samples must rotete untouched through a lot of different media. They have only a few cards, too cost intensive for Asus.

Achoo22

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
A shame that MSI, Gigabyte, et al aren't capable of making their own cards. Dressing up a bunch of NVidia boards with different fan configurations is a pretty poor illusion of choice.

urbancamper

Distinguished
It would be nice to know what the test setup is. Not sure about the other games but those BF4 #s at 1440p are way too low. You should be averaging around 90. I do with my MSI Quicksilver in Factory OC mode paired my i5 6600k that is not overclocked. Playing on ultra of course. I think there was something wrong with that test.

FormatC

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
You need the right scene... If I walk around I have above 100. But this isn't a real test.
We use an average of a 60 second long, very fast jeep drive with a nice landscape.

Sam Hain

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013
You ding the MSI for price... But add a card that's $100 more to the mix that's not even on the U.S. market., not fair to your .com audience.

This comparo is null-and-void IMO due to an outside/unavailable GPU and the lack of other vendor offerings. Tom's, can you please have a "do-over" once you get more cards from other vendors?

Krazie_Ivan

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
any chance we can keep 1080p results going forward a while longer, please? loads of 144hz HD monitors still in use out here, & many peeps still prefer smoothness over a higher res (or just haven't upgraded our monitors yet).

Metteec

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2014
I agree, it should not have been called a roundup unless Toms included every single possible brand and configuration of GTX 1070. This is more like the GTX quartet. Demand that the title be renamed promptly! /sarcasm

Seriously, I was impressed by the Mini ITX GTX. Are there any ITX motherboards that have the ability to SLI? That would make for a really impressive configuration in a small package.

Any ITX MoBo that I've looked at just doesn't have the real-estate, especially with dual-slot GPUs.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
I'm actually more interested in why it took so long. In particular, why did this come after the holiday shopping season?

Anyway, prices are too high. Vega badly needs to get here. Imagine if AMD dropped out of the GPU business, altogether. We'd be @%!#$ed.

ir3555

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016
why dont reveal the model of the msi gaming cards' mosfets? it is very strange, not just 1070 gaming x but also 1080 gaming z, almost every cards reviewed show the mosfet model. is this the msi review guide requirement to hide mosfet model of their cards?

btw, is this palit 1070 gamerock premium using lastest bios with enlarged power settings to 225w instead of 190w?

unwanted

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
Okay with the power graph... firstly i'm assuming it's watts being measured? It's hard to tell seeing it, the noise and the temp graphs don't indicate what's actually being measured.

Secondly, i'm also assuming the legend is incorrect as well? Since for example with the FE card it's saying the gaming loop is only 9 (watts?) but at idle it's a whole 150 which is even higher than the torture test o_O

FormatC

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
The chart graphics were re-built from US team, the German original is correct.
They are changing here every year the layout and colors, I used the design from last year. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.