Nvidia Gives Fermi GF100 Official GPU Names

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GeForce GTX 300 series are for sure reserved for a renaming party ...

climber

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
Does anyone else think that the pic of the the GF100 silicon would make a great framed print hanging on the wall at 24" x 24"? Were's the high res pics please!

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007
"Fun fact of the week: We have no idea when these cards will launch, also we hope you have invested in multiple power supplies to go along with your multiple new lcd displays for our proprietary Physx and 3D Vision technology!"

^ fixed the link for you Tom's.

G

Perhaps skipping a naming group signifies that it's even better than the next generation of GPUs should have been.

LMAO Now the GTX 300 series will be released later as their "mainstream" cards, and they'll perform lesser than the GTX 200 series does now. *smirk*

I can't wait for Fermi to finally be released, but goodness gracious nVidia. Enough with the retarded renaming crap already.

Euphoria_MK

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
Coming in stores near you, this Christmas.
Lol, seriously... Nvidia missed out on this one baddly...
ATI will probably have a second, revised GPU by then.

chris13th

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]megamanx00[/nom]I'm sure the G300 series will be the lower end parts, especially considering that they already renamed the GT240 as the G360M. I'm expecting a G92 chip in there somewhere .[/citation]
I'm sure your expectations will be met.

Tomtompiper

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
Looking at the power requirements for the cards I think Nvidia missed a trick.

Top of the range Incinerator!

Medium range Inferno!

Entry level The Toaster!

hannibal

Distinguished
But it is coming... not like Larrabee that has been halted for some time... And yeah the situation is not easy to GTX400 series, but manageable.
The rumour is that 400 series is for dx11 cards and 300 series for dx10.1 cards... who knows. We can just hope that we don't see 8800 renamed to GTX450 or something similar... GTX350 is guite possible though...

Gulli

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
[citation][nom]Anonymous[/nom]GeForce GTX 300 series are for sure reserved for a renaming party ...[/citation]

You bet, and this naming scheme makes things even more complicated to consumers.

I'd love to buy one of those new cards but I am afraid of the price.
The price is scary unless you live in California where everything is way overpriced and people make a lot more. For the rest of us... We will see what the prices come in at. I've been buy nVidia since back in the day when everyone was still buying 3dfx cards. My friend had a Voodoo 2 and I had a 16MB TNT. But somewhere along the line nVidia began charging WAAAAY too much. I went from my nVidia 6600GT to an ATi X1950XT. Now I am still thinking ATi offers more average fps for the money.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
I wonder how Fermi will hold up against Ati, most likely it's going to put a hurt'n on anything they have now, but apparently ATI upped there release date for there next gen hardware to Q2 this year.

dotaloc

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
[citation][nom]climber[/nom]Does anyone else think that the pic of the the GF100 silicon would make a great framed print hanging on the wall at 24" x 24"? Were's the high res pics please!i'll jump on board. my wife wouldn't allow it, but the pic is pretty fun.[/citation]

i'll jump on board. my wife wouldn't allow it, but the pic is pretty fun.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
[citation][nom]gutpunch[/nom]Now lets see how the prices look.[/citation]
nVidia decided to skip the 3 digit prices and go right into the thousands.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]Euphoria_MK[/nom]Coming in stores near you, this Christmas.Lol, seriously... Nvidia missed out on this one baddly...ATI will probably have a second, revised GPU by then.[/citation]

I don't think ATI will come up with a new chip within a year, not that I would mind. Their 5xxx series is a nice performer, but they should have gave it more muscle.

Euphoria_MK

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
Well they have a revision every six months or so... They did that with the 4xxx series when they released the 4890.
They might as well do it... Lower the power requirements and increase the clock by a bit if they can. I'll be happy with just a lower power req. and less heat....

Status
Not open for further replies.