[SOLVED] Nvidia GT 630 Driver doesn't update

OkithaPROGZ

Prominent
Mar 22, 2020
Hi there,
I have a GT 630 and I tried to update my drivers but it doesn't work after 391. I tried using GFE the Nvidia driver pack and also manually installing from Device Manager, none of these options work.
If I go here https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/drivers/ it shows the latest driver but when I install I get an error telling my hardware isn't supported. I don't really mind but the problem is games like Valorant and Watch Dogs 2 keeps crashing with my GPU. I have seen Youtube videos of people playing games on GT630 with even lower specs without any issue.
Also, I've tried everything ( DDU, Bios update, Safe Mode, Remote Desktop, GFE, Nvidia drivers, Windows Update) none of these options work.

Please what is the fix to this issue? I just want my GPU to support the games mentioned. (The driver mentioned in Windows Update is also 391) I have tried getting help from various sources and this is my last resort.

My specs : CPU - i7-3770@ 3.4GHz
GPU - Nvidia GT 630
Ram - DDR 2 10GB OS -
Windows 10 Pro x64 (10.0.18363 Build 18363)

P.S. - http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answ...ol-windows-driver-support-for-legacy-products In this website the GT630 is mentioned as a legacy. Does this affect anything?

Solution
That's probably because you have the GT 630 based on the Fermi architecture... basically a rebranded 400 series GeForce card.

They are no longer supported according to Nvidia. There ia also a Kepler variant of the GT 630 that is still supported and is probably the one listed by them.

You can check what version of the GPU you have by downloading GPU-Z. If the GPU is a GF108, you have the older fermi based card and that's the reason why newer drivers aren't supported.
That's probably because you have the GT 630 based on the Fermi architecture... basically a rebranded 400 series GeForce card.

They are no longer supported according to Nvidia. There ia also a Kepler variant of the GT 630 that is still supported and is probably the one listed by them.

You can check what version of the GPU you have by downloading GPU-Z. If the GPU is a GF108, you have the older fermi based card and that's the reason why newer drivers aren't supported.

Solution