[SOLVED] Nvidia GTX 1080ti not detected

raisadamo

Commendable
Oct 17, 2017
I've had my GTX 1080ti EVGA Hybrid FTW3 working fine for a few years. All of a sudden, it won't display any output, nor is it an option under device manager. Not sure if its due to a windows update but I have tried the following with no luck. I can only use my IGPU.

Setup:
Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042.330
Intel Core i7-8700k CPU
32GB Gskill Tridents
EVGA 850 G3 PSU

1. Uninstall Nvidia drivers with DDU (This worked once, but after another boot had same problems)
  2. Replug PCI and Power cables to the GPU
  3. Disable IGPU setting in BIOS and set to PEG, This always resets back to AUTO
  4. Can't install latest Nvidia drivers from site as it says windows version is not compatible. Geforce experience says no Nvidia GPU detected/
  5. Updated to the latest ASUS Bios

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Solution
Another update:

I removed the card completely from the MOBO PCIE slot and the Riser Slot that connects to the card. After reconnecting, its working again!. Perhaps the PCIE connections have got dirty over time? Do you recommend any way to clean the connectors, alcohol on a qtip?

There is really no need to clean the connectors, they are fully covered by the card. You did not say you were using a riser with the card though, that could have gotten loose. It may not have been something you thought of mentioning, but it's a whole other point of failure that needs to be checked. If it's working, don't mess with trying to clean them.
What might have changed since all was well?
Possibly there was a windows update.
Try using system restore to reset your pc back to when all was well.

Of course, there is a possibility that the card has failed. Contact EVGA about the issue.
If you registered the card, you may still have some warranty left.

raisadamo

Commendable
Oct 17, 2017
What might have changed since all was well?
Possibly there was a windows update.
Try using system restore to reset your pc back to when all was well.

Of course, there is a possibility that the card has failed. Contact EVGA about the issue.
If you registered the card, you may still have some warranty left.

I checked my BIOS and the card is not being detected in any of the PCIE slots. Maybe the card died :(.

raisadamo

Commendable
Oct 17, 2017
Update: The EVGA HYBRID used to light up, But only the FTW3 Logo lights up now.

5AmOOS9.jpg

raisadamo

Commendable
Oct 17, 2017
Another update:

I removed the card completely from the MOBO PCIE slot and the Riser Slot that connects to the card. After reconnecting, its working again!. Perhaps the PCIE connections have got dirty over time? Do you recommend any way to clean the connectors, alcohol on a qtip?

Another update:

There is really no need to clean the connectors, they are fully covered by the card. You did not say you were using a riser with the card though, that could have gotten loose. It may not have been something you thought of mentioning, but it's a whole other point of failure that needs to be checked. If it's working, don't mess with trying to clean them.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Solution