[SOLVED] NVIDIA installer failed

Jan 14, 2020
Hello everyone

Have had my GTX 1660 Super for around a month now when I got it installed drivers and everything was all fine however was getting black screens here and there and event viewer was showing a driver was causing it seen that there was a driver update but when trying to update it was saying failed to install so I used DDU to uninstall the drivers in safe mode however when I'm trying to reinstall the drivers it checks compatibility then says NVIDIA failed to install I've tried a lot of different things but can't get it to install

Any help is appreciated, thanks

Solution
Thinking of resetting however don't want to go through all the hassle
Your already past IT "Driver install" being an issue'

recently migrate my c drive from a 120gb SSD to a 1tb SSD could this have caused issues with windows?

That could be a problem as the new hard drives data from the clone sometimes needs to be aligned with software. I never get this issue as I clean install and I only clone drives that are mechanical not SSD.

I would save your personal stuff and do a clean install, Put motherboard drivers on, do updates than lastly install your Graphics Card driver.
GeForce Experience also fails to install without a clear error message

• Download DDU - https://www.wagnardsoft.com/
  • Download latest drivers for your GPU
  • Unplug your internet cable or deactivate wifi.
  • Boot in safe mode
  • Run DDU. Choose GPU and Nvidia
  • Click on Clean and reboot (Recommended option)
  • After the reboot install the GPU drivers. Forget Geforce Experience. It's crap.
  • Reboot
  • Plug your internet cable or turn your wifi on again.
If you had drivers problems after doing this you will not have any.

Jan 14, 2020
  • Download DDU - https://www.wagnardsoft.com/
  • Download latest drivers for your GPU
  • Unplug your internet cable or deactivate wifi.
  • Boot in safe mode
  • Run DDU. Choose GPU and Nvidia
  • Click on Clean and reboot (Recommended option)
  • After the reboot install the GPU drivers. Forget Geforce Experience. It's crap.
  • Reboot
  • Plug your internet cable or turn your wifi on again.
If you had drivers problems after doing this you will not have any.
This does not work still says "NVIDIA installer failed"

Jan 14, 2020
What drivers are you trying to install? The good one?
I've tried to install every driver version for my graphics card and GeForce Experience all it says is "NVIDIA Installer Failed" really stuck here as cant even run any games or do anything other than basic computer tasks and videos, Also can't use both my monitors together

We all assume your running windows 10? yes

If not make sure your getting correct driver for your windows 7/ 8.1

Get your .net's updated from windows updates.

and as a test to see if it's a Card issue or Driver issue after your .net's are done restart computer and go to your device manager left click your Graphics card arrow to open next box than right click and choose update driver on the internet.

Yes these drivers are genetic Microsoft Nvidia Drivers but just want to see if even these will install.

Jan 14, 2020
We all assume your running windows 10? yes

If not make sure your getting correct driver for your windows 7/ 8.1

Get your .net's updated from windows updates.

and as a test to see if it's a Card issue or Driver issue after your .net's are done restart computer and go to your device manager left click your Graphics card arrow to open next box than right click and choose update driver on the internet.

Yes these drivers are genetic Microsoft Nvidia Drivers but just want to see if even these will install.
Updated .NET framework via windows update yesterday however that has not worked, Have tried using device manager however that also gives an installation error "Windows found drivers for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER" I have also tried grabbing the files the NVIDIA installer extracts and trying them in device manager however that gives the same error.

What anti virus protection are you using. Temporary disable it while your trying to install Nvidia driver or boot into safe mode and try to install.

Are you sure card is legit.

Do you have you 6/8 pin power connection plugged in and latched

Do you have another computer to test card and driver in.

Jan 14, 2020
What anti virus protection are you using. Temporary disable it while your trying to install Nvidia driver or boot into safe mode and try to install.

Are you sure card is legit.

Do you have you 6/8 pin power connection plugged in and latched

Do you have another computer to test card and driver in.
Using Malwarebytes have tried disabling it and have also tried in safe mode. I do not currently have another system to test in and I'm also using the 8-pin to 2x 6-pin connector adaptor that came in the box. I don't believe the card is fake as it was working perfectly fine it just kept going black screen here and there, but performance-wise was running just like a 1660 super should. Thinking of resetting however don't want to go through all the hassle for nothing I did recently migrate my c drive from a 120gb SSD to a 1tb SSD could this have caused issues with windows?

Thinking of resetting however don't want to go through all the hassle

recently migrate my c drive from a 120gb SSD to a 1tb SSD could this have caused issues with windows?

That could be a problem as the new hard drives data from the clone sometimes needs to be aligned with software. I never get this issue as I clean install and I only clone drives that are mechanical not SSD.

I would save your personal stuff and do a clean install, Put motherboard drivers on, do updates than lastly install your Graphics Card driver.

Reactions: CarterD94
Solution
Jan 14, 2020

Going to try the Restore windows but keep personal files, wish me luck!