Question Nvidia GPU keeps dissapearing until I scan for hardware changes ?

Jul 7, 2024
Hi everyone,

Laptop model: ASUS ROG Strix G15IE
GPU: RTX 3050 Ti
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7

I'm having a problem with my Nvidia graphics card. After my game crashes, the card disappears from the system. and an processor. I primarily play Honkai Star Rail and The First Descendant on my laptop, but it keeps crashing. When I check my display adapter in Device Manager, only the AMD graphics card is listed. I have to scan for hardware changes to make the Nvidia card available again.

Is there any solution to prevent this from happening repeatedly? It happens multiple times, and I always keep my Nvidia drivers up to date, but the issue persists.

Any help would be appreciated!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you check and see if your laptop is pending any BIOS updates? What sort of temps do you see when the issue crops up? You might want to see if repasting with higher quality thermal paste/pads helps with your temps.

Jul 7, 2024
When I'm playing games, my laptop temperatures range from 76°C to 89°C. It's been like this since I bought it in early 2022. Do I need to change the thermal paste frequently? Also, I’m not sure how to check for BIOS updates. Do I need to format my laptop to update the BIOS? And my PhysX only can use on AMD Graphichttps://pasteboard.co/5dMzqLNyujML.png

Last edited: