[SOLVED] Nvidia MSI 3070 in a Corsair 4000X case

Jan 21, 2021
Hi everyone,

I built my first PC about 2-3 weeks ago and am curious as to what would be the best fan/cooling setup for what I have. I will list specs below and currently running exhaust with existing fans. 3 120mm in front and 1 120mm in back with Corsair 240mm CPU cooler on top. Also any changes or recommendations to the system are much appreciated!

Specs
Case- Corsair 4000X
CPU- Intel I7-10700k
GPU- Nvidia MSI 3070 Gaming trio x
Motherboard - Asus z490-A
PSU- 750W corsair CX750F
Ram- Crucial Ballistex 16gb 3200mhz
SSD- 1 samsung 970 evo NVMe M.2 1TB and 1 Corsair MP510 NVMe 240gb

Jan 21, 2021
So are you having a overheating problem or are you in general looking for a way to lower your temps?
What exact model of 3070 do you have?

Ive got the Nvidia MSI 3070 Gaming Trio X. I'm curious if there is a better cooling setup or if what I have is the best with what I could manage in this case. No overheating issues.

tecmo34

Administrator
Solution

tecmo34

Administrator
You can buy parts for Corsair 4000 and 5000 series cases :oops:??????????????
Yep... Corsair typically has replacement parts for their cases that you can buy (if they are in stock). I've had to do that a few times back when my builds had multiple DVD / CD drives (when that was a thing) and when I got rid of them I didn't have the front panel covers anymore so had to order them from Corsair.

Reactions: Dj0gany
Yep... Corsair typically has replacement parts for their cases that you can buy (if they are in stock). I've had to do that a few times back when my builds had multiple DVD / CD drives (when that was a thing) and when I got rid of them I didn't have the front panel covers anymore so had to order them from Corsair.
Thats cool,i saw that cooler master has something similar for their cases,any other brand besides corsair and cooler master that do that?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2720853

Completely fine configuration. I only have two 140mm front fans and one 140mm rear fan in my Pure Base 500DX, and the exact same 3070 model as you. GPU never goes past 42% fan speed and 63C.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
If you are wanting better air flow, I would pick up this to replace the front temper glass panel. This will give you more airflow. This is what I would do if I got a 4000X or 5000X case to give me better airflow, plus I like the mesh look better.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/4000D-Airflow-Front-Panel,-Black/p/CC-8900440

or

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/4000D-Airflow-Front-Panel,-White/p/CC-8900441
That's a load, right there, to sell that separately.
Corsair should've included that from the get-go, and they know it.

After they got railed for the bad airflow in their H500P chassis, Cooler Master included BOTH the glass and mesh panels for their H500 model.

@Gainz
There's not really much to change here without some kind of tradeoff.

Reactions: Dj0gany