NVIDIA nForce 590/680i For Conroe, Where Are They? HERE!

Page 69 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
yeah but your front panel connectors still in the motherboard, whenever you need the front audio connectors you have them there. I need to have that dam cheap card in my pc everytime I want to use the front panel GR

ScarletSpider

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2006
Maybe it's your case?? I hooked up my speakers to the board and case to the board(inside), and they both work fine.

PS - And you thought this thread was dead!

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
Well Im trying to connect my front panel too hehe, kinda having problems.

Mcparty, I dont know if your motherboard BIOS has his but mines show

HD AUDIO [AUTO] (Can choose Auto or Disabled)
Front Panel Connector [AC97] (I just change it from HD to AC97 to make my front panel work but it doesnt look like is working)

what exactly did you do?

PS: This thread is not DEAD!!!!

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
I know but Im talking before, did you at least hear something?

I think my SupremeFX doesnt even work, I plug my headphones in the green port and I hear nothing and everything is in MAX volume :S

So with this bad SupremeFX and my useless front audio connectors, I think the only option left is to buy that Xtremegamers card from Creative that comes with a Front Panel audio connector.

anyways thanks

McParty

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2006
Check out this link. I will tell you, it's not easy getting them on the card!! LOL

But yes...my sound did work, it was just bad...constant crackeling all the time. Did youalso check out my post a few up from here with the link??

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
What Link? I think you forgot it lol

btw, at least you could hear something, mines is like dead, nothing nothing nothing of nothing, not even a low-frequency (mosquito) sound. It was dead dead dead so Im using my Creative Audigy 2ZS and Im so happy cuz it sounds so good. Although I would like to use my front panel, that wont happen in at least a couple of months.

I know how to plug them in the card, is not that hard. I have a manual which I had to RESEARCH AND FIND cuz ASUS was too lazy to put the pins instructions in the manual.

BTW, you didnt answer, but I think is a yes, does your card has the front panel connectors? cuz they dont mention them in the pictures of newegg, only the Xtremegamers NON-FPS edition mentions it.

ScarletSpider

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2006
Sorry to hear you sound doesnt work. If it's any consolation, my volumn comes out really really loud. I turn the windows volumn all the way down, then one notch up, then turn down the WMP volumn to a comfortable level. I guess it'll be good when I DO want it loud, but probably not gonna want to anytime soon.

Scottwyn

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2007
Have been following since Oct. I'm just up and running - so far is good. I could use some info on the audio hookups. Like all of it. Stacker doesn't come w/ built in speaker? Put one in? The case jack - just plug er up w/ HD audio plug?(CM has lots of jack plugs) Run a connect to the DVD drive? Thanks for any help. I'm kinda slow. Monitor isn't here yet. I'm running XP sp2 on a small seagate to get started.

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
Stacker? I think you mean Striker

well to answer your question, NO, the board does not have the audio connectors in the board, they are in the SupremeFX sound card. Which in my opinion sucks.

Anyways, in the ASUS forums, there are many posts with the info you need about the supremefx pins in case you need it.