Nvidia Powering World's Most Powerful Supercomputer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno1217

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
[citation][nom]gmcizzle[/nom]But can it run BF3?[/citation]

BF3 is much better coded than the mess known as Crysis. The highest end cards at the time could not run it at full settings when it was released. BF3 does NOT suffer from this. Crysis was poorly coded.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]gmcizzle[/nom]But can it run BF3?[/citation]
Ya, sorry dude, that question just doesn't hold the same weight as it did with Crysis. BF3 maxed at 1920x1200 actually performs quite well on high end single GPU configurations.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
It's amazing how quickly the floating point performance of modern supercomputers have increased. It seems like just yesterday the first PFLOP system launched, and next year we could potentially have a 20 PFLOP system. This is no doubt related to the integration of GPU coprocessors in recent supercomputing systems.

G

600~ petaflops is close to human brain!! heard it somewhere on TV!!.....or was it only 40!!!hmmmm.......well.....who knows!!

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Imagine the noise from the MSM if Apple could make similar claims. We would be hearing nonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn stopppppppppppppppppp of Steve Jobs' genius. We know the game.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]Inferno1217[/nom]BF3 is much better coded than the mess known as Crysis. The highest end cards at the time could not run it at full settings when it was released. BF3 does NOT suffer from this. Crysis was poorly coded.[/citation]agree, but the realism art and vegetation on Crysis with Mod are still the best looking till date. Screw it, like I care about the poorly code game, as long as it look good and my hardware can run @ max setting I am GAME.

Status
Not open for further replies.